Chapter 3

Until...

You are able to hear footsteps behind you. You are pretty sure that they are not too close, yet it makes you feel uncomfortable. You notice, that you start to walk slightly faster, due to the sounds. However, you don't turn around nor look back.

You realize that the footsteps get closer and closer, even though you started to walk at a faster pace. You begin to feel anxious as it reminds you of the event right after the fansign, where you were definitely followed by someone and by now you know who it was back then.

Eventually, you just run. You run as fast as you could, hoping you would arrive at the convenience store soon. You already spot your destination at the end of the road and you do a quick final sprint.

Luckily, you reach the store and the automatic door opens next to you. But, you don't enter just yet and turn around. And at the other end of the road, where you came from is...

A child?

"It was just a child...", you mutter to yourself. There was just a kid behind you. You shake your head, trying to ignore and forget what just happened and enter the store, greeting your workmate behind the counter.

"Oh hey (Y/N), is it already 8 am?", she asks as you walk towards the counter. "Yes Aya, you can leave now, my shift starts.", you reply unmotivated. She frowns at you. "Are you alright?" You tilt your head confused. "Uh, yeah sure, why?"

Aya looks at you a little worried while saying: "Well, you look really tired and have big eye bags." You sigh out loud and reply honestly, yet don't go into detail: "I couldn't really sleep last night and had a really bad nightmare."

She gives you a comforting smile and pats your shoulder. "Well, I gotta go now, my shift is over and I'm in a little bit of a rush. Can you maybe bring the trash out?" You smile weakly and nod your head. "Sure."

She heads towards the exit and you hear the short 'ding' as the door opens, signalizing that she left the store. Aya is your workmate around your age, who takes the long shift at night from midnight to 8 am, when you arrive. She also became a friend of yours, but you barely spend any time together, yet you know you can talk to her.

You look at the trash can and grab it, walking towards the back exit. You open the door that leads to the back of the store and throw the trash into the big dumpster. You wipe off some dust from yourself and head back inside.

As you arrive at the counter again, you hear that someone came into the store while you were at the dumpster. You hear some shuffling from the person, yet can't see them due to the shelves. Eventually, you hear something fall onto the ground.

"Is everything okay there?", you ask loudly, so it's audible for them at the other end of the store. As a response you just hear some humming. You shrug it off.

A few moments later a young teenage girl comes towards the counter with a soda can in her hand. She should be around 14 years old and is probably about to head towards the school. She places the can onto the counter. She gives you a weak smile as a sort of greeting and you give her one back.

You scan the item. "That would be 12 EGP." (A/N: that's around 70 cents, I think) , you tell her as you put the can back onto the counter. She grabs her wallet and takes out the demanded money and hands it to you.

She takes the can and turns around to leave the store. Once again, you hear the 'ding' from the store door as she leaves and you open the cash register and in the moment it jumps open and you look down, you are frozen in place.

"What the-"

____________________________

A/N: Hehe, I enjoy playing with your minds, my dear readers. *laughs devilishly*

Btw, it's only gonna get worse. *laughs even more devilishly*, *chokes*, *coughs*