Monologue

Beast boys POV ⚡️

"I'm stupid. That's what I think to myself every time, every second of my life. It is what I am told or conveyed. I admit I don't seem to be the smartest person, but that's a phony image, I'm not who I seem to be, but not everyone understands that, nobody understands it. I was actually a happy kid. I had parents and they had good jobs. But in one moment in my life I lost everything. I lost my parents and my health, and thus not myself. I was doomed!

But I was helped, the Doom Patrol took me in. Rita and Steve were my adoptive parents. The other two members were my brothers. I was maybe seven when they started training me. I didn't really have a childhood other than the childhood I had when my parents were alive. and the rest I spent exercising both physical and mental training. most of the time I just had combat training or training that prepared me to turn into some animal, but when I wasn't fighting I would read. I read thousands of books.

I enjoyed reading all the stories. It was like I was in another world, in a world where I once had no worries. but after a while Steve took the books away from me and replaced them with knowledge books, books in which only school information was passed on. I had to read this. Page after page, word for word, the information burned into my brain and I quickly lost interest in and enjoyment of books. That's why I always ask Raven why she likes to read. I know the feeling, so I knew it. so i'm not stupid. All the information I got through these books is still inside me. I know a lot if not too much. But I don't want to show it and there is a reason for that.

I've been in this group for a long time. They became family, kind of. However, I never really had the opportunity to live out my youth. That annoyed me. I wanted to have normal youth, but I wasn't normal! I was green. I was special, I still am. But there was a point where I decided to leave. Steve went that far once and then I left the company.

as I left I said goodbye to everyone, when I said goodbye to Steve, he hugged me. He said he expected great things from me and that he didn't know what he did wrong but hope that I would forgive him. He said I should go my own way and no matter what happens the Doom Patrol would always be a backbone for me.

Well today I have a new team. I actually like it here. I'm being called stupid all the time, but they don't know any better. Ever since I met the Titans, I've been playing dumb. I don't want them to expect too much from me, besides, I like to be kind of stupid because when it really matters I can impress people."

So I ended my inner monologue. I thought about it a lot, what does it mean I thought about it a lot? And yes, mostly because a certain person often calls me stupid. Raven! But she doesn't know any better.

The story for it comes tomorrow ...