Episode 2-15 Conflicted Outsider!

It was Jack who has entered the bedroom. Neither Leona or Ruggie were surprised to see him there.

"……."

"What are you doing here late in the night? Are you so homesick that you need someone to sing you a lullaby?" Leona joked in a smirk while looking at the wolf in the eye.

"Should I sing for you~? Shishishishi!" Ruggie chuckled along, until-

"I want to know the reason why you’re doing this." Jack answered loudly and was looking at his dorm leader.

"I see now. You want to hear a bedtime story, huh. Fine, I’ll tell you." Leona huffed as he explained a story.

"For two years in a row now, we’ve always lost at the first match against Diasomnia and Malleus. Eliminated in the first round, constantly." Leona explained in a serious voice with a slightest sound of anger.

"They’re consecutive winners. Ever since we went against them, our dorm, which was known for making opponents tremble, look like weak kittens now. And our pathetic plays were broadcast to the entire world. What do you think happened afterwards? The Prefect was deemed incompetent and all the professional league offers for Savanaclaw dwindled to zero." Leona answered which Jack's eyes went wide after listening.

"That’s… It’s because you simply needed to do more…" Jack muttered as he continued to look at his dorm leader alongside with Ruggie.

"It’s as you say. Until last year, we weren’t living up to our true potentials at all. Only an idiot would think he’d stand a chance against those monsters." The lion answered with the same tone of anger in him.

"We knew we’d lose already, but it’s not like we have no plans. I doubt that the foundation of our dorm, the King of Beasts, would stand for us being pathetic." Leona continued.

"Even so! Doing something as low as cheating is wrong!" Jack yelled in anger as if he couldn't believe what he was listening now.

"Wrong?" Leona spoke as he looked at Jack in the eye.

"Jack… I’m doing this because I’m concerned about the students’ futures, you know? If the whole world sees us defeat Malleus, all those offers will come back to Savanaclaw together with our dignity." Leona answered as he crossed his arms sternly.

"Malleus will be inducted to the Hall of Fame next year, so we have to win this year. And you’re saying that you’ll ruin this chance because of your blind justice? Are you planning on ruining your seniors’ futures?" Leona warned him coldly.

"Th-that’s…!" Jack stuttered and was now speechless.

"Using any means necessary to win in life is a given. It doesn’t matter if it’s cheating or not." Leona barked.

"Shishishi! This school is a dog-eat-dog world. Being a goody-two-shoes will just kill you." Ruggie smirked.

"I’m sure you can take Malleus on if you play with your full potential, Prefect! I still remember the way you played three years ago. I…!" Jack protested till-

"Don’t speak as if you know anything about me!" The lion shouted loudly as if he was about to roar at Jack.

"Play with all I’ve got? How stupid. No matter how much effort I put in, nothing will change. Get out now if you still want to see the light of day." Leona commanded as Jack silently left the room without looking back.

"……."

"That guy’s gonna be a problem. Should I do him in next?" Ruggie asked.

"No, don’t. Even if he tells Crowley about it, he doesn’t have any proof. It would be difficult for us without his skills. Just watch what he’ll do closely for now." Leona ordered.

"Yessir." Ruggie answered as he leave the room.

"Tch… That 1st year brat talks like Big Bro…" Leona muttered quietly as he went to bed.
____________________

*Meanwhile, somewhere...*

"...is that everything?" A boy's voice asked, as he secretly holder a recorder.

"Yes brother, milady will be pleased about this." A girl's voice answered as they slowly snuck away from the door near Leona's room till the two were out of sight.