24

Hiko's pov

As the match continued my vision began to cloud with white feathers and my eyelids began to drop. I felt myself sway backwards and forwards and as I was begining to collapse I brought my hands together in a handseal.

"Release." I mumbled, the sleep immediately being chased away and the feathers disappearing from my sight.

There was a sudden burst of smoke from the stadium where the hokage and kazekage had been watching.

"Lord hokage!" Guy exclaimed as he went to move.

He had barely even taken a step when a squad of anbu shot past him.

"We've got it." One of them called on his way past.

Within about two minutes the smoke was begining to clear and there was some kind of dark swirling box ontop of the stadium.

"It's a barrier ninjutsu." Guy pointed out.

"They've outwitted the anbu black ops and the anbu were supposed to be the best." Kakashi said.

An anbu then appeared infront of us.

"Why are you here? Lord hokage is in danger!" Guy said.

The anbu remained silent as four sound ninja came to his side. He was an enemy spy.

"What a nuisance." Kakashi said.

"An enemy masquerading as anbu black ops." Guy said.

Two of the sound ninja lunged for Sakura who had also avoided being trapped in the genjutsu. Kakashi was quick to knock them away.

"You two stay here while I trim the enemy's numbers down to size." Kakashi said.

Fighting broke out all throught the stands, Leaf shinobi against sand and sound ninjas. Sakura and I ducked down behind chairs where Kakashi had told us to stay, ninja flying over our heads.

"Sakura, Hiko, release the Genjutsu and wake Naruto and Shikamaru. Naruto will be delighted, he'll be getting a mission after such a long time." Kakashi said suddenly.

"What kind of mission?" Sakura asked.

"You'll have to be careful on this one, it's the first A rank assignment since the land of the waves." Kakashi replied.

"But sensei! What are you doing?! With this battle going on why send us off on some mission?" Sakura asked.

"You know for someone so smart you're kind of dumb." I said. "If you haven't noticed your beloved Sasuke went after the crazed psycho murderer Gaara and his team."

"Perceptive as ever Hiko. Sakura, I need you both to release the Genjutsu, wake Naruto and Shikamaru and follow Sasuke." Kakashi said.

"But then shouldn't we wake Ino and Choji and go in a group?" Sakura asked.

"No time, I fear that many sand and sound shinobi may have already infiltrated this village. Besides, if you have more than the four ninja essential to a squad it takes longer to get anything done and becomes more difficult to hide from the enemy. You did learn that in academy patrol training didn't you?" Kakashi said. "Summoning jutsu."

Kakashi placed his hands on the ground and a small ninja hound appeared.

"You'll be going as a team of five. Pakkun here will track down Sasuke by scent." Kakashi said.

"Seriously? Our fith member is a puppy?" Sakura asked and the dog got right in her face.

"Listen here little girl, don't you dare be going around saying I'm just some cute puppy." Pakkun said.

"He's a ninja hound, he's probably the most valuable member of our team. The only downside is that hes a summoning which means once he tires out or if we take too much time he'll disappear. We're against the clock now." I said.

"Exactly, now go." Kakashi said.

I jumped over the back of the chair behind me and the hurried over to Shikamaru who was closest. I tried a few times to release the Genjutsu and then sighed and shook my head.

"You're just asleep aren't you? I know it's a drag and all but we kind of have to stop Sasuke from getting murdered if you would so kindly get up." I said.

Pakkun then bit Shikamaru and he yelped as he sat up straight. I laughed slightly and shook my head.

"Why were you pretending to be asleep!?" Sakura asked sounding mad.

"I didn't want to get involved, just give me a break, I couldn't care less about Sasuke." Shikamaru said.

"What is all this?" Naruto asked as he looked around confused.

"Behind you!" Sakura exclaimed as a sound ninja lunged forwards.

I tackled Naruto to the floor, my body covering him from any attacks. I didn't have to do that though because Guy had pinned the man to wall. He shoved even harder onto the man and broke a hole through the wall.

"Now i'll explain the mission, as soon as I do go through that opening. First you've got to track down Sasuke, then find a safe location and await further orders." Kakashi said.

"Did something happen to Sasuke?"Naruto asked.

"We'll fill you in on the way out, come on." I said, grabbing Naruto's arm and dragging him with me through the opening.