135

Hiko's pov

Shikamaru and I left it a while after Naruto and Hinata's wedding before we decided to tell anyone about our decision to just get married too. We didn't want to steal the spotlight or anything and we wanted to sort out the details before we told anyone. Shikamaru had taken that time to get me a ring. Now we were making a few announcements, the first one being to Shikamaru's mother.

"Yoshino~san, it's nice to see you again." I said as I hugged her.

"You need to start coming over more often, I swear I never see you." Yoshino said.

"I know, I'm sorry. My team have been taking up a lot of my time recently, you know how kids are." I said.

"I certainly do." Yoshino said. "Is that wome jewelery I spy? It's not like you. It's a gorgeous ring though."

"Thank you, its my engagement ring." I explained.

"Engagement?! To who!?" Yoshino exclaimed.

"To me." Shikamaru said as he stepped into the room with a gr8n.

"Really?" Yoshino asked in disbelief as she looked to me for conformation.

"Yeah." I confirmed.

Yoshino squealed in delight before pulling us both into a hug, bouncing up and down with us.

"Oh I'm so happy for you two! I always knew you'd get married one day." Yoshino said.

"I know you troublesome woman, you never shut up about it." Shikamaru said.

Yoshino didn't even get mad at him like she would have, she was just too excited.

Time skip

After telling Yoshino about our engagement we gathered up team 8, team 10, team 7 and team 3 to tell them too. We gathered them all up under the guise of simply getting barbecue together and now we were going to drop the bomb.

"So, why did you guys suggest a group dinner?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah, that's not like you guys to want to get together like this." Kiba said.

"We wanted to talk to everyone about something." I said.

"What is it?" Choji asked.

"We're getting married." Shikamaru said, taking my hand in his to show off the ring.

Sakura and Ino shot to their feet squealing in excitement just as Yoshino had done earlier. Shikamaru and I couldn't help but laugh at them as Choji pulled us into a side hug.

"Congratulations." Sai said.

"Good for you two." Tenten said.

"How wonderful! Promising the rest of your youthful lives to eachother to spend the rest of your days as one!" Lee exclaimed.

"I didn't even know you two were together, congrats." Kiba said.

"Yes, congratulations." Shino agreed.

"I hope you two are happy together." Hinata said.

"Naruto?" I said nervously as he was still yet to react.

"That's amazing, believe it! Dinner's on me! Let's celebrate!" Naruto cheered.

Everyone cheered at the announcement. Naruto then flagged down the waiter to order.

"Let's see the ring." Ino said once she had calmed down.

I held out my hand for her and the girls to examine the ring.

"It's beautiful." Hinata said.

"Good work Shikamaru, you picked well." Sakura said.

"That's so you two." Ino said with a smile, refering to the cloud shape the stones made.

"Man, who would have thought that you two would be next." Kiba said.

"It was pretty surprising." Sai agreed.

"It isn't that surprising, is it?" Shikamaru said.

"Just a little bit." Tenten said.

Time skip

After dinner I left to make my final announcement on my own. I showed up at the appartment of the team 7 kids and was immediately let in by Akira.

"So sensei, why are you here?" Toka asked.

"Yeah, it's our day off." Akira added.

"They have a point." Itona said.

"I have an announcement." I said.

"Oh! Oh! Am I getting a second shot at the chunin exams?" Toka asked excitedly.

"Next year yes but that's not it." I said.

"Are you taking time off?" Akira asked.

"That's not it either." I said.

"Are you taking on new students?" Itona asked.

"Never." I replied.

"Then what?!" Toka asked.

"I'm getting married." I said.

"Seriously!? That's awesome!" Toka exclaimed as she gave me a hug.

"Congratulations." Itona said.

"I thought you said he wasn't your boyfriend." Akira sussed.

"Oh shut up and come here." I said, motioning for the boys to join the hug.