65

Hiko's pov

Once we were all on shore Lee built us a fire and Shizune got to work healing Ino. I was sat beside Tenten by the fire, half asleep with my head on her shoulder.

"Everyone alright? I hope." Lee said as he approached with more wood for the fire.

"Yes Lee we're fine, thank you." Sakura said.

"We've all used up a lot of chakra but otherwise we're fine." Shizune said.

"I'm so tired. I think I'm out for good here." I said.

"We didn't want you to take part in the sealing in the first place, you're not well right now. Take it easy." Sakura said.

"Do you mind if I go for a nap?" I asked.

"Go for it." Tenten said.

"We'll wake you if something happens." Shizune said.

Time skip

I woke up back at the house that Yamato made on my own. Obviously everyone leaving to continue the mission didn't constitute as something happening. I understood why though, when I captained missions I'd leave injured team members out of as much of it as I could. I had just never been the injured one getting left out before, it felt pretty bad. I thought I'd enjoy it, me being lazy and all, but it was honestly the worst, I just felt helpless.

With nothing else to do I decided I make food for everyone, it was just fried fish but it was something.

"Smells good in here." Kiba said as he entered the house, everyone else trailing behind him.

"I thought I'd do something productive since I can't help much with the mission." I said.

"Thanks Hiko." Sakura said.

"Wait, who's that boy?" I asked as I noticed Naruto carrying an unconscious child.

"He's the one that's been controlling the three tails." Kakashi~Sensei said and I nodded.

"Follow me Naruto, I need to examine him." Shizune said, motioning for my brother to go with her up the stairs.

Everyone else minus Shizune, Naruto, Kakashi~Sensei and Yamato joined me by the fire to eat. We all sat cross leged in a circle with our food, the others reveling in the break.

"How's the mission going?" I asked.

"This is the second time we've failed to seal it." Ino said in frustration.

"It keeps lashing out before we can finish the seal." Sakura said.

"I don't think I'm very good at it." Hinata said shyly.

"Of course you are, you're a master at chakra control." I said.

"Things aren't much better on our end, they were much stronger than last time." Kiba said.

"This is so frustrating! We keep trying but out hot blooded youth is not enough!" Lee exclaimed.

"Once this is all over I need a break." Tenten said.

"Once this is all over I need a new mission." I said before having a small coughing fit.

"You promised you'd go to the hospital first." Sakura said sternly.

"I will, I will." I said, throwing my arms up in mock surrender.

Time skip

After eating Kakashi~Sensei called us all into a room together to make an announcement.

"The Hokage has sent us new orders, we are to return to the village as soon as a relief team has arrived. We're scrapping this mission." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"That's a bit sudden, isn't it?" Sai said.

"We just pick up and leave with the three tails on the loose?" Kiba asked.

"That shouldn't be a problem, the team that's coming, the one that will replace us, will keep a eye on the three tails." Yamato said.

"It makes sense, there's already been two failed attempts to seal it. We're not equipped for the situation right now. The teams that are here don't even have the necessary skills." I said.

"Exactly, if anything we're to happen we're in no position to deal with it. We've all been injured, some of us severely, Lady Tsunade has wisely decided that the best course is for us to bring back the intelligence we've gathered so far and then decide what to do next." Shizune said.

"The relief team will be here first thing in the morning so everyone get a good night's rest before we move out." Kakashi~Sensei said.

With that being said we all set up our sleeping bags. The mission was practically over.