25

Hiko's pov

We followed Pakkun as we jumped between the trees in hopes of catching up with Sasuke.

"Come on you guys, hurry it up." Pakkun said.

"What is it?" Sakura asked.

"Did you see Sasuke?" Naruto asked.

"No, There are two squads behind us, that's eight ninja- wait, no, thers one more, that's nine ninja following us!" Pakkun said.

"Aww man, come on already, give me a break here." Shikamaru said.

"Anyone got any spare Kunai or shuriken I can have? I didn't exactly bring tools with me to watch the exams." I said.

Shikamaru tossed me a kunai and two shuriken.

"I don't have much left either, does that work?" Shikamaru asked.

"It'll have to do, I'll take clones and lead them in the opposite direction and then catch up later. Pakkun I trust that you can keep the idiots in check." I said. "Good luck guys."

With that I broke away before they could argue. I made four clones and had them transform into my teammates so that the tracks would remain the same before heading back over our footprints. I covered up some of our actual tracks before heading in a different direction.

Naruto's pov

After Hiko left we kept on going but Shikamaru kept looking back over his shoulders, muttering about one thing or another.

"What's wrong Shikamaru?" Sakura asked. "Don't tell me you realised you need the tools you gave Hiko."

"No, I should have gave her all of my tools." Shikamaru said.

"Why? Too heavy for ya?" I joked.

"I'm sure she had the same plan that I did. She's going to lore them away and stage an ambush. She's acting as a decoy to buy us time but with that plan she'll surely die and I'm sure she knows that. Her having practically no tools doesn't help her odds either." Shikamaru said.

That caused Sakura and I to freeze. Hiko could die. My sister, my only family could die and Shikamaru was just letting it happen.

"We have to go help her!" I exclaimed as I went to turn back but was stopped by Sakura.

"If anyone can survive something like this it's Hiko. I mean, she was amazing during the chunin exams, she practically did everything herself after you guys got hurt. She found us a safe spot to hide, took care of your injuries, set traps, found food and defended all three of us. I know Hiko is strong enough to get through this." Sakura said.

She was right Hiko was strong, she's always been strong, that was something I admired about her. She proved time and time again that she was strong but that didn't mean that I wasn't worried, she's my sister after all.

"Are you sure you're not just saying that because you want her dead. You and Ino seem to hate her for some reason." Shikamaru said accusingly.

Sakura's grip on my arm tightened and she looked at her feet.

"It's true I don't like Hiko very much but I don't want her to die. She's still my teammate and I want to get to know her, I want to learn to like her. I would never wish for anyone to die." Sakura said.