53

Hiko's pov

In the end they decided to go to a hotspring Inn rather than get locked up. Sakura and I were in the hotsprings together, in the women's section of course and the boys were in the men's side. Sakura and I were just standing around enjoying the water.

"What are those things on your wrists?" Sakuda asked.

"Huh? Oh, these?" I asked, holding my hands up to show off the white bands. "They're to stop water running down your arms while you wash your face. I kinda forgot I had them on so I just wore them in. If I take them off now I'll probably forget to grab them again so I might as well just ware them."

"Maybe I should get some, I hate getting my sleeves wet when I wash my face at night." Sakura said.

"So do I! That's exactly why I bought them. I have tons if you want a pair, I got a bunch of new ones that I haven't opened yet." I said.

"That'd be great, thanks Hiko." Sakura said.

"Of course. Now, I haven't heard any yelling yet, that must mean things are going okay." I said. "We're all getting along for now."

"Mind your own business!" I heard Naruto yell.

"Nevermind, I jinxed it." I said.

"Damn it! You're always balls this and balls that! You're so annoying!" Naruto yelled.

All of the other girls burst out laughing and I just patted Sakura's back. Naruto was so embarrassing.

"I'm so sorry that's your brother." Sakura said.

Sakura then sank down into the water and I laughed before going under with her.

Time skip

After soaking for a while and then fixing eachother's hair Sakura and I headed upstairs to the room. We ran into Sai and Naruto on the way to the room and ended up walking in together. When we walked in we saw Yamato sat at a table that was full of food.

"You're kidding! I've never seen such a spread." Sakura said.

"I didn't have to cook it so I'll take it." I said.

"It's amazing." Naruto said as he hurried over. "Hey, uh, captain Yamato? What's the deal here? Is all of this really for us?"

"Yeah, go right ahead and dig in." Yamato said.

"Yeah! Thanks a lot!" Naruto cheered.

"Thank you so much." Sakura said.

"Thanks captain." I said.

We all dug in, picking things from different dishes to eat. My favourite food, pumpkin and chicken dumplings, was on the table so I was more than happy.

"If we get treated to a feast like this on every mission then I say you can lead our squad forever captain Yamato." Naruto said.

"I second that, let's hope Kakashi~Sensei doesn't get out of the hospital too soon." Sakura said.

"Well that was a quick betrayal, he's been our Sensei since we were twelve and you've dumped him immediately." I said.

"This is almost as good as your food Hiko." Naruto said, his mouth full of some kind of fish dish.

"I didn't take you as the cooking type. No offense but most jonin I know don't really have the time for it." Yamato said.

"Who do you think feeds Naruto? If I didn't cook then Naruto would be living on nothing but cup ramen for breakfast lunch and dinner. " I said. "I struggle to find the time for it sometimes but it has to get done."

"He helps you with other chores though, right?" Sakura asked making me laugh.

"Sometimes if I'm lucky he throws all of his clothes into the same pile on the floor, that's about as much help as he gives me." I said.

"Hikoooo." Naruto whined.

"What? They asked and I answered, I'm not gonna lie." I said.

"You make her do all of it!? Why you little Jerk!" Sakura yelled before slamming his head into the table. "When we get back you better help her or I'll hit you harder next time! I'll be checking!"

"You have less balls than I thought, you can't even help out around your own house." Sai said.

I just smiled and shook my head.

"I honestly don't mind too much. I struggle on my own so I don't mind doing all of the work as long as I have company." I said.

Yes doing the work made me really tired and ment I slept less to do more but I found that being on my own led to me having dark thoughts. I hadn't hurt myself since Shikamaru stopped me years ago but I had came close to it while Naruto was away. I had Shikamaru, Choji or Sakura over as much as I could when Naruto was away and every time Temari had been in konoha I gave her Naruto's bed instead of having her book a hotel. I was outside all of the time then too, I just didn't like being alone as much as I had thought I did.

"See, Hiko doesn't mind." Naruto said.

Sakura glared at him and he cowered away.

"You can hit him for it later Sakura, let's just enjoy tonight." I said. "And hey, maybe when we get back I can cook for you all."