48

Hiko's pov

When we finally reached the Akatsuki base Team guy was already there waiting.

"Late as usual Kakashi." Guy said.

"Well, you see, we ran into a little trouble along the way." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"Naruto, Sakura, Hiko." Lee said.

"Wait a minute, by a little trouble you don't mean me, do you Kakashi?" Chiyo said.

"Well, now that we've arrived late for the cavalry we need to come up with a plan." I said.

"You still have a thing for planning I see." Tenten said.

"Strategy I a key to success." Neji said and I smiled at him.

"So, who's that old lady?" Tenten asked.

"Oh, this is Lady Chiyo, she's an advisor from the sand village." Sakura replied.

"Very pleased to meet you." Chiyo said.

"Well then, let's do this Kakashi." Guy said.

"Neji, could you let us know what's going on on the other side?" I asked.

Neji nodded before activating his Byakugan.

"Inside it looks like there's a large cavern but..." Neji trailed off.

"But what?" Lee asked.

"I just can't quite make out what's going on in there." Neji replied. "I see several people."

"That's strange, I only sense two people." I said.

"What about Gaara? What's happening? Is he one of the people you see!?" Naruto asked urgently.

"Back off a second, I'm trying to locate him now." Neji said.

"Neji!" Naruto yelled.

I concentrated as hard as I could on the cave before us but I couldn't sense Gaara.

"I don't sense him." I said.

"Who?" Sakura asked.

"Gaara, I can't feel his chakra." I said before seeing Naruto freak out. "That's not to say he's not there, there's some kind of barrier interfering with my senses. I mean, Neji is seeing something completely different to what I can feel."

"I don't... what is that thing?" Neji asked.

"What? What's going on? Neji! What's in there!?" Naruto said urgently.

"Well, what did you see?" Sakura asked as he deactivated his Byakugan.

"It's hard to describe with words." Neji said.

"Wait, so that would mean..." Tenten trailed off.

"Yes, it means that whatever it is we must go and see for ourselves." Lee said.

"That makes things easy, doesn't it." Guy said.

Guy then made some distance before charging forwards and punching the rock. Ripples of chakra became visible as the barrier stopped him.

"Quite a barrier." Guy said.

"That needs dealt with before we do anything else." I said. "That's a five seal barrier, there are four tags surrounding the area and then the place tag which is infront of us. They all need found and removed before we can do anything else. All of the tags should say forbidden on them so not too hard to spot."

"Can we just pull them off?" Guy asked.

"No, it's not that easy. The tags will be around the perimeter of the area being protected, so quite far apart, but they all need removed at the exact same time." I said.

"So we'd have to remove them simultaneously?" Sakura asked.

"Yes. On top of that the tags could have traps rigged up to them. Either way it's no easy feat, all of the tags must be removed at the same time no matter what that might cause wether it sets off paper bombs, causes a kunai trap or summons an enemy, you can't do anything else until the tag is gone." I said.

"Alright then, let's do it! How do we figure out where all of the other tags are?" Naruto asked.

"Neji." I said.

"I understand, Byakugan." Neji said. "I've found them."

"Awesome Neji, point them out." Naruto said.

"One is on a boulder about five hundred meters north-east of us. The second one is on a tree trunk by a river bank 350 meters south, south-east. The third you'll find 650 meters north-west on a cliff. The last on is in the woods less than 800 meters to the south-west." Neji said.

"If that's the case each one of them is pretty far apart. How will we signal eachother?" Sakura asked.

"I think I can handle that, we should just be in range for these. Wireless radios." Guy said as he pulled them out of his bag.

"Woah, that's amazing." Naruto said.

"Good thinking." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"Yes." Chiyo agreed.

"Okay, so we'll stay in constant communication and follow Neji's directions. Let's find these tags and get rid of them, Team Guy is the faster team so we'll be the ones to handle this mission." Guy said.

"We're all counting on ya." Naruto said.

"Good luck." I said.

"Alright, Lee, you head north-west into the woods, the North East boulder is all yours Neji, Tenten you'll get the south south-east. I'll take care of the north-west cliff. That's the one in the trickiest location and should be the hardest to eliminate." Guy said.

"What's the frequency?" Kakashi~Sensei asked.

"174." Guy replied.

"Got it." I said as I changed the frequency on the radio.

"Testing, do you read me!?" Lee yelled into the radio.

I immediately covered my ears, it was way too loud.

"Lee, your microphone is up to loud." Tenten scolded.

"A thousand apologies!" Lee said as he bowed, his microphone still too loud.

"Turn it down first!" I yelled at him.

"Sorry guys." Lee said after turning it down.