51

Hiko's pov

Upon hearing Sakura say that she was brining him back I pulled away from my brother and wiped my eyes. I looked over to Gaara where Lady Chiyo was sat performing some kind of jutsu. I couldn't feel any chakra coming from her, what I was seeing Leave her body was her life-force itself.

"She's brining him back? What are you talking about? I mean, how is that even possible?" Naruto asked.

"This jutsu, only lady Chiyo knows it, its a special jutsu." Sakura said.

I noticed her struggling, obviously becoming weaker and loosing her chakra.

"Not enough chakra." Chiyo struggled.

Naruto let me go and stood up, going to Gaara's side.

"You can use my chakra, take as much as you need." Naruto said. "That'll work, won't it Granny? Please."

"Place your hands ontop of mine son." Chiyo said.

Naruto did as he was told and the jutsu's strength increased.

"Thank you Lady Chiyo, thank you for making this sacrifice for him." I said and the woman nodded.

"In this world of shinobi created by frivolous old people it is of great comfort to know that new souls like yourselves have come along. Up until now everything I've done in my life has been wrong, but atleast here in my final hour I can finally do something right for a change. The sand and the leaf, may the future the awaits them be different from the way things were in our time. This special power of yours that Kakashi spoke of, that power will change the future dramatically. Become a hokage the likes of which has never been seen. As for you Sakura, in the future help those closest to your heart, not some old grandmother with one foot in the grave. You're a lot like me child, so few women posses such strong spirit, you'll surpas your master as a kunoichi, I have little doubt." Chiyo said. "Naruto, do an old woman a favour will you? You are the only person in the world who knows the extent of Gaara's pain, he also knows your pain. Please look after Gaara."

Time skip

When Gaara finally woke up Naruto was the first one at his side. While he was unconscious a team from the sand village arrived including Temari and Konkuro.

"Naruto... What is this?" Gaara muttered.

"They all came running to help ya, you had everyone worried half to death." Naruto said.

"Gaara." I said before pulling him into a hug. "Thank God."

"Hiko." Gaara muttered, running a hand through my hair.

"Lord Gaara! Sir, are you alright?" Matsuri asked as she hurried over.

"You sure had us worried there." Naruto said.

"No kidding, you caused a whole ton of grief there little brother." Konkuro said.

"Says you 'Mr I'll go after him myself and get poisoned'." I said.

"Will you two quit putting on airs already, Gaara is the Kazekage remember, show a little respect you nitwits." Temari said.

"Hiko's not being respectful either, diving on him like that." Konkuro said teasingly.

"Yeah, she cried like a baby too." Naruto said with a giggle.

"So did you, you little idiot!" I yelled at him as I pulled away from Gaara to punch him. "I swear your braincells disappear whenever you open your mouth!"

"Gaara, talk to me, how do you feel?" Temari said and Gaara attempted to get up. "Easy, you shouldn't try to get up too quickly, your body hasn't recovered from the rigor mortis yet."

"She's right, take it easy for once. The last thing anyone needs right now is you getting hurt." I said as I placed a hand on his shoulder.

Time skip

The next day we were all getting ready to leave and were saying our goodbyes.

"What? You're leaving already? You can stay a little longer, come on." Konkuro said.

"Konkuro's right, at least a day or two, you need time to rest." Temari said.

"Believe me I wish we could." Naruto said.

"But we must report back to m'lady the hokage right away." Sakura said.

"Unfortunately we don't have the liberty of time. You three know I'd love to stay for a while and get a nap in but that's not in the cards." I said.

"If the Akatsuki have managed to penetrate this far into the sand then I'm worried about the leaf village's safety." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"I understand, you want to get back as soon as possible." Baki said.

"Yes, exactly." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"Even so, in your condition-" Baki was cut off.

"Oh don't worry,  I have comrades I can rely on to get me there." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"He's right about that." Guy said.

"By the way, we already dispatched the preliminary report with Takamaru but there was no mention in it of the fates of the two Akatsuki members." Baki said. "Won't you want to inform your village?"

"I'll report that news to the hokage myself, you see there's something else troubling me." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"Maybe next time we see eachother it'll be under better circumstances. That means stay out of trouble." I said before hugging Temari and then Konkuro. "Esspecialy you puppet boy, there's problems everywhere I look with you."

Sand then swirld around me and like usual a beautiful flower made of sand appeared infront of me. Gaara did it every time one of us had to leave and at this point it'd feel weird to go home without getting a flower.

"Stay safe, don't worry me like that again." I said before hugging Gaara over the table.

"Come Hiko, we're going to visit Lady Chiyo's grave before we leave." Sakura said drawing my attention to the fact that everyone else minus her and Naruto were already away.

"Coming." I said.