75

Hiko's pov

I had been recovering in a medical tent for the past few days and was finally declared fit to begin helping out around the village again. The whole place had been destroyed by Pein and was going to take a long time and a lot of work to rebuild it. On top of that Tsunade was in a coma which meant we were without a hokage.

I made my way to the Hokage tent to see Shizune who would likely be controlling things on Tsunade's behalf. She'd be able to tell me what I can do to help the village. When I entered the tent I had to walk around a man with a cane and a group of Anbu to see Shizune.

"Hey, got anything I can help with Shizune? I heard we were in a tight spot." I said as I offered the woman a smile and a wave.

"Hiko! Are you sure you're okay to be on your feet? You were hurt really bad." Shizune said, giving me a hug.

"I'm fine now, I swear. Besides, you need everyone on their feet right now. Just tell me where you need me." I said.

"Oh no! It's the first beautiful girl that's going to fall in love with me, what am I going to do?!" A white haired boy panicked earning a smack to the back of the head from a red haired girl.

Shizune and I both looked at eachother and then burst out laughing.

"Remind you of someone?" I said to Shizune.

"Just a little." Shizune said.

"Lies, it's just like them." I said.

"What are you two talking about!?" The red head yelled.

"Sorry, you two just act a lot like my teammates." I said. "Speaking of which, where are dumb and dumber?"

"Who knows, if you find them we could really use help clearing rubble away to start rebuilding. That's I you're feeling up to it." Shizune said.

"Yes ma'am, I'll get right on it." I said. "Oh, and let me know if anyone finds my wind fan. It was a gift from Temari so I'd really like it back if it's survived."

"I'll tell Shikamaru to look out for it. He's been gathering people's belongings and bringing them back to be claimed by their owners." Shizune explained.

"Thanks, tell him not to overwork himself. I'll stop by again later to see how you're doing." I said. "Bye Shizune."

Time skip

While looking for team seven I found Naruto beaten to a pulp behind a building, the two cloud shinobi from earlier across from him and Sai defending him from them.

"If you interfere I'll pummel you too!" The red head exclaimed as she swung a punch at Sai.

"Leave them alone!" I yelled, grabbing her wrist and pulling it behind her back.

In one swift motion I flipped her over my head and slammed her face down in the grass. I kept a hold of her wrist which I had twisted at an odd angle and pressed a foot to her back to keep her down.

"I don't know what you think you were doing but I can promise you that you won't be getting away with beating my brother." I said, glaring down at her.

"Hiko, you can walk again. And by the looks of it you're in full commission." Sai said with his usual fake smile.

"Hiko, it's okay." Naruto said.

"No it's not, I have never let anyone away with hurting you like this before and I won't be letting anyone away with it now." I said.

The girl on the ground struggled against me and winced in pain as I continued holding her down. I guess I wasn't 100% better yet.

"Hiko, you're bleeding." Sai pointed out as he pointed to my left shoulder.

I looked down and pushed my hair away with my free hand. Sure enough my white shirt was slowly turning red and sticking to my skin.

"I guess I reopened it." I said. "I'll survive."

"Hiko, go see Sakura, Sai and I can handle this." Naruto said.

"You should come see Sakura too, look at yourself. " I said.

"Please Hiko, it's about Sasuke and another jinchuriki." Naruto begged.

I sighed but released the girl.

"Fine, but try not to get hurt. And don't do anything stupid." I said. "Look out for him Sai."

I left their line of sight but I didn't leave the area. I hid to watch and make sure nothing else happened to Naruto. Thankfully after a few minutes Naruto asked Sai to take him to Kakashi~Sensei. Once they had both left I left as well to go find Sakura.