43

Hiko's pov

3 years without Naruto was tough, especially as I rose through the ranks of shinobi to become the jonin I am now. Naruto was due home soon and I was out on a mission with Kiba and Choji.

"Slow down Hiko." Kiba said.

"Naruto is due home soon, I need to be there to welcome him back. I promised him." I said.

"You really miss him, huh?" Choji said.

"Of course I do, the two of us might not have been super close but we have never been separated for this long." I said.

"Maybe, but being separated has done good for you. I mean look at you, you take more care of yourself now." Kiba said.

"I admit that being separated gave me a chance to grow into myself and I'm sure it's done the same for him but its time for us to see eachother again." I said.

When Naruto left I did a lot of things I wouldn't have done otherwise. I took a year to go and train in the sand village with Temari, the sand has a lot more talented wind style users than the leaf does. I also made a visit to the ruins of eddy village where the uzumaki clan come from, I learned a lot about the uzumaki clan's sealing techniques there. I discover that I also had water style chakra which had definitely been the main factor that pushed me to earning Jonin status. I definitely did a lot in the three years I was on my own, I spent most of the last year training with Kakashi~Sensei at water style.

"If you say so." Kiba said.

"It's going to be late by the time we get back." Choji pointed out.

"Hopefully I don't miss him." I said.

Time skip

When I arrived home it was already quite late. When I opened the front door I saw that Naruto's bag had been dumped in the middle of the floor but his shoes were nowhere to be seen. He must have went back out.

I took my shoes off and tucked them into the side out of the way before grabbing Naruto's bag to put it away in our room. Once I had put it by hisbed I headed through to the kitchen to make some dinner, it felt like a Miso ramen with pork night.

I had just finished cooking when I heard the sound of the front door opening. It only took a minute before Naruto came into view. He was taller, taller than me in fact and he certainly looked more mature. He still had his spiky blonde hair and stupid grin despite being more grown now.

"Who are you?! What are you doing in my house!?" Naruto exclaimed when he saw me.

"Well, I see your IQ has stayed the same if nothing else." I said. "I'm your sister you dumbass!"

"Hiko!?" Naruto exclaimed. "No way! You look so- so- so girly! What happened!?"

"Time happened, we grew up." I said before stepping out from behind the table and bringing him into a hug. "I missed you."

"Yeah, I missed you too ya know." Naruto said, resting his chin ontop of my shoulder. "Shikamaru told me you're a jonin now."

"Yup, I got promoted a couple of months ago, Neji and I got recommended at the same time." I said. "I made dinner if you want to eat and catch up."

"Yeah, smells good." Naruto said as he turned to look at the table. "Ramen!"

"I thought you might like it." I said with a smile before we both took our seats. "What have you been up to?"

"A whole lot of training, I'm much stronger now! The pervey sage and I did all kinds of work. I met Sakura and Kakashi~Sensei today too, we did the bell test again." Naruto said excitedly. "And we beat him this time! I'm finally strong enough to bring Sasuke back. What have you been doing other than becoming a jonin and all?"

"I went to the sand village for a year to train, I stayed with Temari and her brothers the whole time I was there so I wasn't so lonely. I learned a whole new type of jutsu too, I'm not too good at it but I'm getting there. I spent most of my time training with Kakashi~sensei though, so nothing too interesting." I explained. "I'm just glad to have you back."

"So..." Naruto began before making a weird face. "Any boyfriends? You must have tons."

I laughed and shook my head as Naruto wiggled his eyebrows.

"No, no boyfriends." I said.

"Seriously!? There has to be someone!" Naruto said.

"Nope, I've not really been looking. I'm quite happy kicking ass on my own right now." I said making Naruto laugh.

"That's just like you." Naruto said.

I nodded. Honestly I had been on a few dates while he was away but the whole thing was so bizarre that we just didn't talk about it. I mean, Choji was the last person I had ever expected to invite me out. It never led to anything of course but it still happened. It didn't change our relationship at all so we just ignore that it happened, he was still my best friend after all.

"Have you gotten any closer to getting Sakura to notice you?" I asked causing Naruto's mood to fall immediately and I laughed. "I'll take that as a no."

"Is it that obvious?" Naruto asked gloomily.

"Kinda, yeah." I said. "Now eat before it gets cold."