83

Hiko's pov

"Hiko! Come on! Team seven are getting back together!" Naruto yelled at me from on top of a boulder, Sakura and Sasuke on either side of him.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I said as I hoped up beside Sasuke. "It feels like forever since I've worked with you lot."

"You tried to avoid me earlier." Sasuke said.

"So what? I was busy." I said.

The ten tails began charging up another attack as I secured my fan on my back, something I never normally did. Thankfully the barrier kept the explosion in check, avoiding any casualties. Once the smoke cleared the first hokage made openings in the barrier so that we could fight the ten tails.

We all charged in and the ten tails began splitting into smaller monsters to fight us and protect its real body.

Team 7 immediately split off, to fight. I took of into a crowd of them, slapping explosive tags onto them as I engaged them in Taijutsu. Once I had tags on eight of them I jumped into the middle of them and grabbed my fan from my back. I swirld around with my fan, blowing the eight monsters back into more of them before activating the tags.

The eight explosion caused a ring of smoke around me, giving me the opertunity to create my next attack.

"Wind style: Wind dragon." I said, for the first time ever using my fan to create the attack.

The dragon grew to three times the usual size of a wind dragon, clearing the smoke around me and swirling around me defensively. I pulled more paper bombs from my kunai pouch and fed them into the dragon, filling it with swirling papers.

With my dragon now fully prepared I began controlling it as I jumped into action again, flipping over monsters' heads and throwing kicks and punches. I felt like I was dancing rather than fighting and I couldn't stop the grin on my face. My dragon knocked over a bunch of monsters like they were bowling pins, knocking them all over the place and cutting their skin to shreds like it were a blade.

"Naruto, Sasuke, duck!" I called out to them aside kicked another monster away.

The two boys did as I said as I activated the paper bombs. They blew up around twenty of the things and disperse the wind dragon. The force of the razor sharp winds knocking down everything and everyone in it's path. Naruto and Sasuke almost getting blown away with the monsters.

"Hiko, behind you!" Sakura yelled.

I whirled around and hit the beast with my fan, knocking it to the ground. I jumped back to make some space ending up back to back with the rest of team 7.

"We'll  watch eachother's backs." Sakura said.

"Just like the good old days, I hope you can all keep up," I said.

"That should be hard considering you're always napping." Sasuke said.

"I'll have you know I'm the only one from our academy class to make jonin. I gave up on nap time a while ago." I said.

"Yeah right! I caught you sleeping while standing up on our last mission!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Says the one that treats poor Hiko like a house maid, she deserves a nap!" Sakura said.

"You're sticking up for Hiko? Who are you?" Sasuke said.

"Hey look, the others are trying to show off. How about we step it up a notch?" I suggested.

"Sai!" Naruto exclaimed in concern.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Naruto catching the falling boy.

"Are you okay?" Naruto asked.

"Yeah." Sai replied.

I heard screaming and turned to look back out over the field. A lot of people were dying.

"I'm sorry to cut our reunion short but I have to go and minimise casualties. Keep my place warm Sai." I said.

I took off back towards the main forces, weaving hand signs as I ran.

"Water style: Angry bitter rain!" I said causing the black rain ro begin poring from the sky to blind the monsters. "Water style: water hail."

The water bullets shot out, hitting multiple monsters away from people. I created a few clones and then charged forwards to engage them in Taijutsu once again.

I was slapping paper bombs onto the things left, right and centre, it seemed to be one of the few things that could keep them down. That and my weapon of choice had always been explosive tags.

"Everyone get back!" I ordered.

People quickly made distance between them and the monsters and I activated the tags, blowing them up. I used the force of the explosion to shoot myself up into the air. I swung my fan, trying to make a jutsu big enough to get them all at once.

"Wind style: great casting nets!" I said.

The overlapping wind blade sliced multiple monsters clean in half, putting them out of commission. I heard someone screaming and turned to see a hidden stone shinobi about to be killed.

One of my clones which had been fighting closer to the man than I was jumped on the monster's back. It blew itself up, taking the monster out with it.

"Thanks." The hidden stone shinobi said.

Suddenly there was a large cloud of summoning smoke, drawing my attention to the rest of team 7. I looked on amazed at their three giant summoning animals.

"It's a good thing I left, there's no way I could keep up with that." I said to myself before turning around to hit a monster behind me with my fan.