96

Hiko's pov

When Gaara, Temari and Konkuro left to go back to the sand village I went with them. Kakashi~Sensei had declared it a 'diplomatic' trip although he knew that wasn't why I was going at all, he was just making seem like we were both doing our jobs. Of course from the moment we got there Gaara went straight to his office to work being the Kazekage and all. The first two days were spent with Temari, Gaara only finding time to join us for Dinner.

"Honestly, I'll kill him." Temari complained.

"What brother's done what?" I asked.

"Gaara begged you to come back to the village with us and he's barely spent any time with you at all!" Temari replied.

"He's the Kazekage Temari, he's busy. I honestly don't mind." I said.

"Well I do! You're his girlfriend now, he should be making time for you. You're here on a supposed 'diplomatic' meeting, why doesn't he just pretend he's coming for work?" Temari complained.

"That's what I'm doing." Gaara said as he entered the house. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting."

"It's fine Gaara." I said. "I don't mind at all."

"How much time are you taking?" Temari asked.

"The rest of Today, Tomorrow morning and all of Friday." Gaara replied.

"Well then we can all hang out on Friday, I leave you both to the house today." Temari said. "Have fun."

"Bye Temari." I said, waving at her as she left.

She smiled at me and winked as she left. I just shook my head at her before wrapping Gaara in a hug. Gaara hugged me back just as tight, smiling down at me.

"What would you like to do?" Gaara asked me, his fingers playing with ends of my hair and making me smile.

I thought for a moment before an idea came to mind. It was something Naruto and I used to do before we even joined the academy.

"Let's make a blanket fort." I suggested.

"A blanket fort?" Gaara asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"Have you never built a blanket fort?" I asked and he shook his head. "We're fixing that right now."

Gaara's pov

Hiko grabbed my hand and the smile that grew on her face as she pulled me with her made the butterflies in my stomach go wild and my heart beat a million miles a minute. I allowed her to pull me with her, leading me to the cupboard where Temari kept all the bedding.

The warmth in my hand disappeared as she let go to begin pilling blankets, pillows and bed sheets into her arms.

"Grab some, we'll need a lot for what I have in mind." Hiko said.

I smiled at her excitement, a different type of warmth spreading through me. A warmth that only her smile ever gave me. I did as she wanted me to do, grabbing things from the cupboard, I could never say no to her.

"What now?" I asked.

"We use them to build our own little world, just for the two of us." Hiko said. "A world where we can do whatever we want."