124

Hiko's pov

As soon as Sakura was recovered we went to rescue Hinata. Turns out we had been on the moon the whole time and our enemy was living inside of an artificial sun. We used Sai's birds to get there, Shikamaru taking control of one of our enemies to have him open the sun for us to get in.

We were getting fired at left and right by an army of cloaked men as we approached Toneri's castle. The bird I was on got hit and exploded into ink. I landed on my feet and quickly hid behind a wall to avoid being hit by their jutsu.

When the others landed they began charging forwards towards the enemy. I followed after them, the plan to storm the castle had began.

"Hiko, can you sense Hanabi's chakra?" Shikamaru asked.

I closed my eyes and focused, ignoring the enemies infront of us.

"She's up there!" I replied, pointing towards a tower.

"Take Sakura and Sai and go get her." Shikamaru said.

Time skip

We rode on one of Sai's drawings to get to Hanabi quicker. When we reached the room Hanabi was being held in there were puppets of young girls stood in a line infront of the door.

"I'll deal with these, you two go to Hanabi." I said.

"On it." Sakura said.

The puppets tried to stop her but I used wind chakra to knock them away. I summoned my wind fan and began fighting with the puppets, swinging my fan at their heads to knock them off. While I dud this Sakura and Sai slipped past into the room Hanabi was being kept in.

"Wind style: casting net!" I said as I swung my fan, a grid of razor sharp wind shot out across the room, cutting up more of the puppets.

I sensed something behind me and quickly whirled around, using my fan as a shield against the kunai. I tossed my fan down and engaged this new puppet in hand to hand combat. This one was an older woman, she looked almost like a caretaker.

I dodged a punch before sweeping at it's legs. It had no effect though as the puppet was being kept up by chakra. I swung another punch at it and it grabbed my fist, it attempted to throw me but I used my chakra to stick myself to the floor. I used my wind style: whirlwind fist technique in the hand the puppet was holding, destroying the puppets arm before flipping back away from the thing.

I picked my fan up again and swung it behind me to get rid of some child puppets lurking around, never once taking my eyes off of the adult puppet. The adult puppet charged at me, ready to strike and I jumped over her head, causing her attack to hit one of the other puppets and destroy it.

The puppet whirled around qnd punched me in the face, sending me flying back into a wall. As I got to my feet I realised I was surrounded by puppets and swung my fan around again.

Instead of wind chakra I channeled lightning chakra into the fan causing it to shoot out and electrocute the puppets. The wood of the puppets charred but they weren't destroyed. As I got ready to swing again all of the puppets collapsed in a motionless heap on the floor like their strings had been cut.

"Come on, let's get Hanabi out of here!" I called through into the room.

Time skip

Naruto and Hinata dealt with Toneri while we were saving Hanabi. They destroyed a good portion of the moon but they succeed. When we returned home everyone was met with cheering crowds, everyone except, me.

"Hiko~Sensei! Where were you!? We waited outside in the snow for you all day and you didn't show up!" Toka yelled, her arms crossed across her chest and her cheeks puffed up. "We could have froze to death!"

"Yeah Sensei, you told us to be at the training ground bright and early and then didnt show up." Akira agreed with her.

"Thank you Sensei, for saying earth." Itona said.

"Huh!?" Akira and Toka said in confusion.

"At least someone appreciates my hard work." I said as I ruffled Itona's hair.

"You were with the moon team!?" Akira exclaimed.

"No way Sensei! That's so cool! You stopped the moon from blowing us up!" Toka said excitedly, her anger at me missing training gone in a flash. "You should treat us to ramen and tell us about it."

I couldn't help but laugh at her suggestion. She was exactly like Naruto.

"Come on then, Ichiraku should still be open." I said.

"Really?" Itona said in surprise.

"Alright!" Akira and Toka cheered before taking off in the direction of the restaurant with itona and I following behind.

"Hiko! Where are you going?" Shikamaru asked.

"Sorry, my team has other plans for me." I said.

"Training at this time of night? After all that?" Sakura said in surprise.

"Nope, ramen." I said.

"I wanna come!" Naruto said.

"Comd on then moron and bring your girlfriend with you. She deserves a treat after all that." I said causing both of their faces to go red.

"Hurry up Hiko~Sensei." Toka said.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I said, throwing my hands up in mock defense.