103

Hiko's pov

When I arrived at the sand village I was greeted by Konkuro who for once was without his face paint and dressed in normal clothes.

"Look at you dressing like a human." I said jokingly as I opened my arms for a hug.

"Yeah well I was in the middle of something. We only found out you were coming an hour ago." Konkuro said as he hugged me.

"Yeah, it was a last minute decision." I replied. "Is it a bad time?"

"No, not at all. Temari is recovering from a sprained ankle so she's got nothing to do for a little while. I'm also free for the next few days, Gaara gave me some time off to work on my puppets." Konkuro said.

"And let me guess, Gaara is swamped with work." I said.

"Actually no, he's at home right now. Him and Temari are setting up your room." Konkuro explained.

"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go home." I said.

Actually being here made me feel a lot better about the whole thing. I loved Gaara and I adored his siblings. I had lived here before and really enjoyed it, I just had to make the most of it, take advantage of the warm weather and prettier sunsets.

When we arrived at the sand siblings home I was immediately brought into a hug by Temari.

"Best surprise ever! It's been a whole month since I last saw you, I missed you!" Temari said.

"I missed you too Temari." I said, hugging her tighter.

"You came last time whole I was away at a talk in the cloud village. I was so disappointed that missed it." Temari said.

"You and me both, I got stuck with him." I said in fake disgust as I pointed at Konkuro behind me.

"Hey!" Konkuro exclaimed making Temari and I laugh.

Suddenly sand swirled around me and I was tugged away from Temari and into another set of arms.

"Jeez, jealous much?" Temarivsaid jokingly.

"You get to see her more than I do." Gaara said as I turned in his arms to return the hug.

Gaara smiled down at me before leaning down to press a gentle kiss to my forehead. He had become much more comfortable in our relationship over the four months we had been together.

"So, how long are you here for?" Temari asked excitedly.

I wanted to tell them about my predicament and ask them for help in allowing me to go home but I just couldn't. They were all so happy to have me there, I didn't want to ruin that, especially when I knew I could make the situation work.

"Actually, I'm here to stay." I said. "You're looking at the newest citizen of the sand village."

"Seriously?!" Temari squealed excitedly and I nodded.

"How did I not know about this?" Gaara asked.

"I wanted to surprise you guys, we finalised it with your council three days ago and then I headed straight here." I explained.

"Great, now you'll always be around to annoy me." Konkuro said, trying to pretend he wasn't happy despite the grin on his face.

"This is amazing! We'll get to see eachother everyday and train together and go on missions together, it'll be like you're already my sister!" Temari said excitedly as she hugged me again, making me giggle.

"How did Naruto take your decision?" Gaara asked curiously.

"We both cried for a few hours and promised to visit eachother often and then I had to pack. It was pretty emotional but I'm here now, aren't you excited?" I explained.

"Of course I am, I miss you when you're not here." Gaara said.

"Well, I think a welcome party is in order." Konkuro said.

"It is, let's go out to dinner together as a family." Gaara suggested.

"Yeah, to that really fancy restaurant that we never have an excuse to go to." Temari said still very excited before taking my hands in hers. "We can dress up in fancy dresses and empty the boys' wallets."

"Hey! Who said that we were paying?" Konkuro said.

"I did." Temari said as she shot him a glare.

"Yes ma'am." Konkuro said in defeat making me laugh.

"You always loose Konkuro, I don't know why you still try." I said.

"Now come with me, we need to get ready! I have just the dress for you." Temari said as she began pulling me away with her up the stairs.

The boys chuckled as I looked back at them, my eyes pleading for help. Gaara shook his head, there was no saving me now.