84

Hiko's pov

I continued my efforts, blowing up and blowing away more and more monsters. Suddenly a huge gust of wind swept across the battlefield and the ten tails disappeared. That only meant one thing, it had been sealed, wether by friend or foe was yet to be determined.

Something then began pulling on the red barrier which after a few tuggls snapped and dissipated. Things were going from bad to worse by the looks of it.

Time skip

After the barrier disappeared everything was pretty much at a stand still. Only the reanimated hokage, Naruto and Sasuke were fighting. The rest of us just stood around waiting to be useful. While waiting around the ten tails began its next attack despite it having been sealed and the red barrier reappeared to lock us all inside its the ten tails.

While everyone began panicking Naruto's chakra cloaks appeared on our bodies. The four huge bomb like attacks were all shot off, the force of the blast pushing me back a bit. I screwed my eyes shut to stop dust getting into my eyes and when I opened them again I was outside the barrier. I wasnt the only one either, the whole allied shinobi forces had been teleported.

I watched the barrier, the whole thing was filled with smoke so you couldn't see what was going on. The only reason I knew to watch the barrier was because I could sense Naruto, dad and Lord second within it. Every time it looked like the smoke was going to clear more of it appeared, filling the barrier again and blocking our view.

Eventually the barrier disappeared again and a huge tree began sprouting where the barrier used to be. The roots began shooting out, knocking people up into the air. I spotted someone near me get their chakra completely drained from them by touching the tree and sprung into action. I leaped up into the air and swung my fan, using the wind attack to knock the shinobi out of the way of the tree.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked as I landed beside them.

"Yeah, thanks to you." A leaf shinobi said.

"Don't leg that tree touch you. Spread the word that it sucks chakra!" I said.

More and more branches shot out, attempting to grab shinobi. I kept swining my fan, using wind attack after wind attack to cut branches and protect shinobi.

"Everyone run, get as far from that thing as you can!" I ordered.

Everyone began running past me and away from the tree.

"Aren't you coming?" A hidden cloud shinobi asked.

"No, I'm going to stick around and protect everyone. I'll slow down the tree a little bit too, give you all a chance to get away." I said. "Besides, my brother Is right in the middle of all this, I need to make sure he's okay."

The guy nodded before taking off after everyone else.

I continued running around cutting branches and blowing people out the way.

"Help! Someone help me! I can't get him loose!" A girl yelled.

I hurried over with my fan ready to cut someone else free but I frowned when I saw it. He was already dead.

"Please, can you help me? My brother is stuck." She said desperately as she continued tugging at the branch.

I quickly pulled her away from it before it could drain her chakra.

"No! I need to get him out first!" The girl said as she struggled against me.

"Stop! Just stop. He's already dead and you'll end up dead too if you keep touching that thing." I said.

"No! No, no, no." The girl said as she broke into sobbs.

"I'm so sorry, he's in a better place now I'm sure." I said.

Suddenly a branch shot out towards us and I picked her up to begin running. It was much harder to dodge when carrying someone and I could no longer use my fan to cut branches either. The branch was gaining on us and was about to grab my ankle when a burst of sand stopped it.

"Gaara..." I muttered, a smile forming on my lips, he was finally here.

I quickly hurried to a group of waiting Shinobi and put her down beside them.

"Watch over her okay, there's something I have to do." I said.

"Got it." A sand Shinobi said.