34

Hiko's pov

"No way! You got to be kidding!" I heard Naruto scream from the door.

"What are you yelling about you knuckleheaded!?" I asked as I approached the door, a whisk in one hand and a bowl of half made pancakes batter in the other. "The neighbours complain about you ya know."

"Sasuke left the village!" Naruto yelled.

"Doesn't mean you have to deafen me. Honestly, talking louder doesn't bring back your brain cells." I said.

"While I agree all this yelling is a drag Sasuke left for Erochimaru. We have to go, Lady Tsunade's orders." Shikamaru who had been the person at the door said.

"Well, guess I'm not making pancakes Naruto. Give me a second to lose the apron and I'll be there." I said.

"Yeah! I'll go get dressed." Naruto exclaimed before rushing past back into the house.

"He'll be a while, I swear he's like a girl." I said. "Feel free to come in while you wait."

With that I headed back inside as well. I put down the bowl and the whisk before taking off my apron and hanging it up. I grabbed some plastic wrap and covered the batter that I'd likely use for tomorrow's breakfast instead and then put it in the fridge.

Time skip

"So besides me have you come up with any other top notch guys to ask?" Naruto asked after we left our house.

"A few." Shikamaru replied and I smiled, I knew exactly where we were going.

"I think I know our next teammate." I said as we turned onto Choji's Street.

"Wake up, will ya!" Shikamaru called as he knocked on Choji's front door.

"You said top notch guys, right?" Naruto said.

"Plan B I guess." Shikamaru said as he sat down and opened a bag of crisps.

"Your plan B is a bag of potatoes chips?" Naruto questioned.

"Look at who's house we're at and then say it's a bad idea." I said.

"Yeah, they're Barbecue flavour, feel free to help out." Shikamaru said before he began eating.

"Not the breakfast I had planned but I'll take it." I said as I grabbed a handful. "Hopefully he doesn't kill us."

The three of us began eating, trying to be quick so that we could move on. We only had a limited time after all.

"Now." Shikamaru said as he grabbed the last crisp.

The door swung open and Choji came rushing out. Choji grabbed the crisp and the packet as he hurried past.

"Even with a bag of potato chips I refuse to let anyone have the last bite." Choji said.

"Choji and I have been on the same team for a long time, we work well together so asking him was a no brainer." Shikamaru said.

"I get it! You know him! But wouldn't a better choice for this be someone like Shino!?" Naruto exclaimed.

"Not necessarily, I'm a sensor so I'll be able to keep tabs on where Sasuke is, Shikamaru is a strategist and you and Choji are fighters. Things seem pretty balanced to me." I said.