4

Hiko's pov

After we had dealt with Naruto we got on a boat to the Land of waves.

"This fog's so thick, you can't see anything." Sakura said.

"Oh wow, I didn't know." I said sarcastically.

"The bridge isn't far now, our destination is just ahead, the land of waves." The boat owner said.

"Whoa! Its huge!" Naruto exclaimed as we sailed under a huge bridge.

"Be quiet, I told you no noise, why do you think we're traveling like this? Cutting off the engine and rowing, moving in the fog so they don't see us." The boat owner said.

"Mr Tazuna, before we reach the pier I want to ask you something. The men who are after you, I need to know why." Kakashi~sensei said. "If you dont tell us then I'm afraid we'll have to end this mission when we drop you ashore."

"I have no choice but To tell you, no, I want you to know. Like you said, this is beyond the scope of your original mission, the one who seeks my life is a very short man who casts a very long and deadly shadow." Tazuna began.

"A deadly shadow?" Kakashi~sensei asked. "Who is it?"

"You know him, at least I'm sure you've heard his name before, he's one of the wealthiest men in the world, The shipping magnet Gato." Tazuna replied.

"Gato? Of Gato transport? He's a business leader, everyone knows him." Kakashi~sensei said.

"Who? Who? What? What?" Naruto asked.

"Gato, he's a very powerful tycoon from a big company that's true but below the surface with the same ruthless methods he uses to take over business and nations he sells drugs and contraband using gangs and ninja. It was one year ago when Gato first set his sight on the land of waves, he came to our island and used his vast wealth to take total control of our transport and shipping and anyone who tried to stand in his way simply disappeared. In an island nation a man who controls the sea controls everything, finance, government, our very lives, but there's one thing he fears, the bridge. When it is complete it will join us to the land and that will break his control. I am the bridge builder." Tazuna explained.

"So that's it, since you're in charge of the bridge you're getting in this gangster's way." Sakura said.

"It makes sense, if you're being threatens by a bridge kill the bridge builder." I said.

"That means those guys we fought in the forest were working for Gato." Sasuke said.

"I don't understand, if you knew he was dangerous, knew he'd send ninjas to eliminate you, why did you hide that from us?" Kakashi~sensei asked.

"Because the land of waves is a small and poverish nation. Even are Nobles have little money, the common people who are building this Bridge can't pay pay for an a or b ranked mission, it's too expensive. If you you end the mission when you drop me ashore there will be no Bridge, they'll assassinate me  before I reach home. But don't feel bad about that, of course my sweet little grandson will be upset, he'll cry 'grandad, I want my grandad.' Oh, and my daughter will condemn the Ninja of the hidden leaf, denouncing and blaming you for abandoning her father and living her life in sorrow. Oh well, its not your fault, forget it." Tazuna said.