14

Hiko's pov

We arrived just in time to stop a very snake like grass ninja from attacking Sasuke.

"Looks like we came just in time." Naruto called from where we stood on a tree.

"Naruto! Hiko!" Sakura said happily.

"Oh, and by the way, what was that password again?" Naruto asked.

"Forget it, I know its you." Sakura said.

"Naruto! Hiko! Get out of here! You don't know what you're up against! Hurry! Go know while you still can!" Sasuke yelled.

"So Naruto, you managed to escape from my friend, well done." The grass ninja said.

"Okay, okay, I don't know what's going on here but you've been picking on my friends and I don't like that. You better slither along back into your hole snake lady before I make a pair of shoes out of ya." Naruto said.

"You can have it. The scroll, right? That's what you want?" Sasuke asked as he took it from his pouch. "Take it and leave us in peace."

"Sasuke! Are you crazy or what!? Are you just gonna hand the scroll over to the enemy? No way! What's wrong with you?" Naruto yelled.

"Shut up and stay out of it!" Sasuke yelled.

"I'd rather we leave this with our lives, we can always steal another scroll later." I said.

"Very wise, very sensible, sometimes the helpless prey, if they are to save their own skins realise that their only hope is to distract the predator with something even more precious." The grass ninja said.

"Take it." Sasuke said before throwing the scroll to her.

Naruto however jumped down and caught the scroll before the grass ninja could get it.

"Stop playing the damn hero! Just stay out of this and leave it to me!" Sasuke yelled but Naruto turned round and punched him. "Stupid fool! You don't know what you're doing!"

"I may not know the password but I know who I am, you're the one I'm not so sure about. How do we know you're who you say you are?" Naruto said.

"What do you mean? It's him, don't be so stupid." Sakura said.

"I can confirm that that is Sasuke." I said as I jumped down beside Sakura.

"What sort of nonsense is this? Its me you looser." Sasuke said.

"Liar. Liar. You may look just like him, you may sound just like him, you may even feel just like him, but you're not the Sasuke I know! I don't care how tough a fight you've been through, surrendering, giving up the scroll, when did Sasuke become a coward? You keep saying I don't understand what's going on but I do, you've choked, that's what it is." Naruto said.

"Sad, but true. It doesn't matter, as far as the scroll goes I could simply kill you and take it." The grass him a said as she began a summoning.

"Lets see you try it!" Naruto yelled as he charged at her.

"Don't! Naruto, no!" Sasuke yelled.

"What's going on?" Sakura asked me.

"She's summoning something, if I had to guess I'd say its another snake." I said as a large that of wind shot by us and a huge snake appeared at the grass ninja's feet.

"Naruto!" Sakura called out as the snake tried to crush him.

"What a tasty little meal you'll make for him, careful, he likes to play with his food." The grass ninja said before the snake knocked him through the trees. "Enough playing, finish him off."

"Yeah, eat this." Naruto said as he jumped back up and began punching the snake.

He then got caught in a fire style jutsu before falling through more branches.

"Now then, lets see how you do sasuke." The grass ninja said before the snake shot towards him.

"Sasuke!" Sakura yelled.

Sasuke was frozen stiff and I jumped forwards to stop the snake. Naruto had the same idea that I had and had also jumped forwards to protect him. We both stood in front of the snakes mouth with kunai in our hands that had been stabbed into the snake. Sasuke looked at us in complete shock.

"Hey kid, you're not hurt, are ya? Scaredy cat." Naruto said. "Standing there frozen like a frightened rabbit, no way, you're not the Sasuke I know."

A tongue the wrapped around Naruto and lifted him up to the grass ninja. She did something to Naruto that knocked him out and then took the scroll. I jumped up and cut her young off and caught Naruto before jumping away beside Sakura where I removed the severed tongue from him and lay him down.

"Sasuke, what's wrong with you!? Okay, say what you like about Naruto, that he's a pest, that he gets in the way, that he's just a kid, but at least he's doing something! At least he's no coward!" Sakura yelled.

"I guess its my turn." I said. "Shadow clone jutsu!"

I made 5 clones before all six of us began circling the grass ninja. We all flung shuriken at the same time and she jumped to avoid them. When she landed we used chakra strings to make the shuriken go back on themselves. None of the shuriken cut but the chakra strings tied her up.

"If either of you two were gonna help now would be the time to help!" I yelled.

The summoning we were standing on suddenly disappeared releasing a large gust of wind and sending me an my clones flying backwards. My clones all disappeared and the grass ninja was once again free.

"Hiko, are you alright?" Sakura asked me as I landed on the branch beside her.

"I'm fine." I said.

Sasuke decided it was his turn to fight the grass ninja so I decided to check on Naruto.

"Is he okay?" Sakura asked.

"I don't know." I replied.

I opened naruto's jacket to look for injuries when I noticed his shirt had risen up to expose his stomach. On his stomach was some weird kind of marking that looked like a seal. It wasn't quite right though, there was odd numbers on top of even numbers which I knew it wasn't supposed to have.

While I was checking over Naruto Sakura went to help Sasuke. A few minutes later I heard Sasuke screaming in agony.

"Hiko! Sasuke's hurt, I need you! Hiko!" Sakura screamed.

I picked up Naruto and brought him over to Sakura and Sasuke.

"What are we gonna do?" Sakura asked.

"We need to find somewhere safe to rest. There we can start taking care of them and set up traps to keep them safe while they recover." I replied. "You stay here with them and I'll find us somewhere to hide. We don't want to move them until we know where we're going."