57

Hiko's pov

Once Naruto was up and feeling better Yamato filled us in on what was happening with Sai. He had teamed up with Orochimaru and left with both him and Kabuto. We ended up tracking down Sai and following him back to Orochimaru's base. The infiltration had been easy enough so far.

"A successful infiltration so far." Sakura said.

"First we have to find Sai." Yamato said.

I closed my eyes and tried to find his chakra, once I knew where he was my eyes shot open.

"He's this way." I said.

I began leading them down a corridor, staying low and close to the wall. Everyone else followed behind me, letting me set the pace. When we got to a corner Yamato used a mirror to peek round it.

"Everything's clear up ahead." Yamato said.

Yamato allowed me to overtake him again and continue leading everyone to Sai.

"We're almost there." I said.

We continued quickly down the corridor until I stopped infront of a door.

"He's in here." I said.

Naruto tried the door handle but it was locked. Yamato then knelt down at the keyhole and used wood style to lock pick.

"I had a hunch we'd find you here." Yamato said as we all enter the room.

"I'd expect no less from the hokage's anbu black ops. I take it that fake corpse didn't fool you then." Sai said.

"Start talking, what's going on here?" Yamato asked.

"Spill it jerk! Why would you betray your own teammates?!" Naruto said as he grabbed Sai by the shirt.

"If I were you I'd take care not to make too much commotion. Things could become quite ugly." Sai said.

"I'm gonna kick you-" Naruto was cut off.

"Naruto!" Sakura scolded. "Here Sai, take this, it's yours isn't it?"

Sakura held out Sai's picture book to him.

"Thank you." Sai said as he took the book.

"You were under orders from Danzo, is that right?" Sakura said. "We know Danzo and Orochimaru have teamed up and we know that they're planning something big. You were chosen to be Danzo and Orochimaru's go between, so spit it out! What are they planning?!"

"Orochimaru is easy to read, he wants to try and destroy the leaf village again, isn't that right?" Yamato said.

"No, that's not-" Sai was cut off.

"Look, why don't you wipe that phony grin off your face! I can already tell that every word you're saying is a phony  bag of lies!" Naruto yelled.

"Calm down, there are other people here and they'll hear us." I said. "We're in enemy territory right now, if we're caught we're as good as dead."