136

Hiko's pov

Everyone was buzzing with the news of another wedding,everyone except Kakashi~Sensei that would have to deal with it. Ever since we announced it I would randomly show up at his office to laugh at him. If he didn't hate me before he certainly did now.

Shikamaru had moved in to my appartment with me and we were just trying to work out wedding plans. It was a good thing we had Yoshino, Naruto and Hinata to help us out.

"I don't really want this to be a big thing." I said.

"Yeah, Naruto and Hinata's wedding was such a drag." Shikamaru agreed.

"We don't have kage coming though. Other than Kakashi~Sensei of course." I said.

"Aren't you going to invite Gaara?" Shikamaru asked.

"I don't know. He confessed to still being in love with me not long before Naruto and Hinata's wedding. I think it'd be awkward." I explained.

"You can't invite Temari and Konkuro and then not invite him. It'd probably cause a fight between them." Shikamaru pointed out. "He probably won't come anyway."

"Fine, I'll invite him." I huffed. "Who do we want doing speeches?"

"My mum obviously, Choji and then Naruto because he's your brother." Shikamaru said.

"Are we sure letting my brother talk is a good idea? I have a feeling he'll say something embarrassing." I said.

"And you think my mum won't?" Shikamaru said.

"Fair point. Choji will be our saving grace." I said.

"And he'll keep it short so we can eat." Shikamaru said with a chuckle. "Is there anything else we need to figure out? This hasn't been as troublesome as I thought it'd be."

I looked over what we had planned. Everything was kept fairly simple, a quick ceremony some speeches and then dinner. The whole thing would probably last around 5 hours. The guest list was much shorter than Naruto's had been, we just weren't the type of people to make a fuss. Looking at all the plans I felt almost left out. Shikamaru had a mum to attend, someone who had always been in his corner and who had been waiting for this moment but I didn't. For the first time in a while I felt like I was missing out not having parents. I'm sure my mum would have been excited and my dad would have been emotional. I would have loved to share this with them, a sentiment Naruto shared.

"Are you okay? You look upset." Shikamaru said.

"Now I know why Naruto asked Iruka to attend as his dad." I said. "I just feel like it isn't right to get married without my parents there."

Shikamaru took my wrists gently into his hands and rubbed under my sleeves along my scars.

"Parents aren't necessarily the people that brought you into the world. Naruto knew that, that's why he asked Iruka to fill that role." Shikamaru said.

I thought for a moment, who in my life did I view as a parent? Normally I took on the parental role, I mothered Naruto, Konohamaru's squad, and my students, i just felt the need to take care of them. The only person that came to mind as a parental figure to me was Kakashi~Sensei. He had always been there for me, he took time out of his busy schedule to train with me weekly, he always checked up on me and overall I was just really close to him. The idea of him attending as my father actually did make me feel a bit better but it might have been weird to ask if he didn't have parental feelings towards me.

"Would it be strange if I asked Kakashi~Sensei to attend as my father?" I asked.

"I don't think so. The two of you are close." Shikamaru said.

"I'm going to talk to him about it before training tomorrow then. Thank you for not thinking its stupid." I said as I leaned on his shoulder.

"Now come on you troublesome woman, we're supposed to meet my mum for lunch." Shikamaru said.

"She'll kill us if we're late." I said.

"Exactly." Shikamaru said.