36

Hiko's pov

After the others got away the fighting picked up. These clones weren't like clones at all, they had the strength and durability of a regular person and yet no fear of injury. My wind style wasn't particularly useful against them and so it was time to rely on my strength, strategy.

I huffed out of breath after another failed wind style attack. I could taste the blood in my mouth from breaking the flute girl's genjutsu and my arms stung from all the cuts I had sustained from the earth style user's jutsu. I dodged another attack from the two headed guy, my back pressing against a tree.

As I tried to catch my breath the spider like man shot a web like substance at me which stuck my arm to a tree. I tried to tugg my arm out but I couldn't get it to move. I pulled a kunai from my pouch and tried to cut myself free but my kunai just got stuck.

The spider guy began to cackle and the earth style user charged at me. Having no other choice I abandoned my hoodie to jump up into the tree and dodge the attack. The earth style user smashed his head off of the tree and I took that as my chance to throw down some paper bombs and then make some distance.

I knew who I had to prioritise, the spider guy was the most dangerous for me. If the webs stuck to my skin then I'd be done for. My second priority was the earth style user, mainly because of how persistent he was. Next came the guy with two heads that could split in half, he'd avoid attacks by splitting and then rejoining and that was a problem. Finally there was the girl with the flute, her Genjutsu wasn't too hard to counter so she'd likely be my easiest opponent.

The earth style user unsurprisingly got back up from the paper bombs and charged for me again. I flipped over his head and charged for the spider guy, taking a tag into my left hand. I heard the earth style user chasing after me. I slid under the spider guy's legs, slapping a tag onto him on my way past. I heard him yelling at the Eart style user as they collided.

I was about to activate the tag when I felt a sharp pain in my side. I looked down and saw blood soaking my white shirt. I spun on my feet and saw the two headed guy grinning with a kunai in hand.

"Wind style: Gale surge."I said, performing the jutsu to send all three males flying away from me. "Shadow clone jutsu!"

I glanced around for the girl with the flute, the only one unaccounted for while my clones put the rest of my plan into action. My clones would act as bait for spider guy and use the earth style user like a shield to hopefully get him covered in webs. Once the earth style user was covered in webs I'd lure him to the spider guy and stick them together. From there I'd use wind style to get the other two in range and then activate the tag, draining the chakra of everyone close to it. Once that was done a few explosive tags should finish the job.

I spotted flute girl up in a tree getting ready to play her flute. I had already had to bite my tongue to escape her previous playing session. Luckily one of my clones had spotted her first and knocked her out of the tree, giving me the chance to join the rest of my clones in the fight against the spider guy.

My clones were running a muck, shouting taunts and weaving between the three men. The earth style user was struggling in his charges as he was already a bit stuck together by the webs.

"Come on Fatso, bring it!" I called from behind the spider guy.

"Jirōbō no!" The spider guy exclaimed as the earth style charged at me again.

The spider guy tried to dodge but he got caught up in the webs and stuck to the earth style user. The two of them struggled against eachother but couldn't pull apart. I was almost ready to celebrate when I was reminded of my other opponents by my clones getting destroyed.

"Wind style: Bursting air pockets!" I said performing the hand signs and causing the air around the flute girl to pop.

The popping air knocked her around a bit and I rushed in to finish her off. I swung a kick at her side but she caught my leg. Flute girl threw me into a tree and I groaned in pain. I pulled myself back to my feet and rushed her. We swapped punch after punch with one another and I slowly forced her towards her tied up teammates. With one final punch I knocked her into the webs holding down her teammates, sticking her there.

I let out a scream as a sharp clawed hand stabbed through the upper right side of my chest. I glanced over my shoulder and saw that two headed guy had split again. The second half of him appeared infront of me and before I knew what was happening he fused with me.

Not knowing what to do about fusing with this clone I activated the tag I had placed earlier. All of my chakra as well as the clones' chakra began getting sucked away. After a few minutes all of the clones disappeared due to running out of Chakra and I collapsed. I'd just have to catch up later. My eyes began to feel heavy as the last of my chakra left my body and I allowed sleep to take me.