35

Hiko's pov

Once we finished showing off all of our weapons we got ready to go.

"Alright, let's move out." Shikamaru said.

"It's time to knock some sense into that idiot." I said, cracking my knuckles.

"Wait!" Sakura called causing us all to stop.

"Are you alright?" Naruto asked.

"Lady Hokage told me everything, sorry Sakura but I can't take you with us on this mission." Shikamaru said. "I know you tried but even you couldn't convince Sasuke, could you? Now our only option is for me to find him and force him back to the village. I'm sorry but there's nothing else you can do for him."

"But that means- Did Sasuke turn his back on you Sakura!?" Naruto exclaimed making Sakura cry.

"Read the room Naruto, she doesn't need reminded of what happened." I said, whacking Naruto on the back of the head.

"Naruto, this is a once in a lifetime request, just bring him back. Please bring Sasuke back to me. I did everything I could, I tried, but I couldn't stop Sasuke from leaving the village. At this point there's only one person who can stop him, only one person who can save him. Naruto, it's all up to you." Sakura sobbed.

"Well gosh Sakura, you must really care about Sasuke, huh? I get it, I can see that deep down this must be really painful for you. I know you must be suffering." Naruto said.

"Naruto... thank you so much." Sakura sobbed.

"Don't you worry one bit, I'm gonna bring Sasuke back, I promise that on my life Sakura." Naruto said with a grin as he gave her a thumbs up.

I smiled sadly as I watched them, he loved her so much he was willing to dedicate his life to helping her get the person she loved back. It hurt to watch him hurt for someone like Sakura who would never love him. It hurt that he cared more for her than he ever did for me. Of course Naruto wasn't the only one I hurt for, I felt bad for Sakura, despite disliking her I felt pity for the crying girl.

"Whoa, hold on Naruto, that's quite a statement are you sure you should be promising her that we'll get him?" Kiba asked.

"Sure! When I give my word you can count on it, that's my ninja way. Well come on, what are we waiting for? Let's get going!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Alright, this little interruption cost us time." Shikamaru said.

Time skip

We had been travelling for about twenty minutes without much incident. Of course things weren't smooth sailing for long as Kiba sensed a fight to have taken place between Sasuke's group and two newcomers. When we got close to the spot of the fight we encountered four sound village shinobi.

"These aren't the real ones." I said.

"What makes you say that?" Kiba asked.

"Sasuke's not with them, he's further ahead and there's still a group with him." I replied. "There weren't eight before either, these guys are some kind of clone."

"If that's the case we can't waste our time on them." Shikamaru said.

"If they're clones I'll just make some of my own! Shadow clone Jutsu!" Naruto said, making a hand seal and creating about fifty clones.

All of the clones charged the four sound shinobi however the ground shot up around them and destroyed a handful of clones that got caught by the wall. As soon as the clones touched the earth wall they disappeared as though they had been absorbed.

"Welp, that went well." I said.

"Watch out." Neji said, getting infront of Choji to block an attack from a two headed sound Shinobi. I hadn't even noticed him leave.

The other three Shinobi charged at us and I quickly weaved signs.

"Wind style: gale surge!" I said as the strong bursts of wing left my hands and knocked the clones away although they didn't disappear.

"These aren't ordinary clones." Shikamaru said.

"I guess not." I said. "You guys go ahead, I'll deal with this and then catch up."

"I'll stay too." Choji offered.

"No, these are just clones, you'll be needed for the real things. I'll catch up, just save Sasuke." I said.

"Shikamaru you can't let her do this again! Tell her no!" Naruto exclaimed.

Shikamaru sighed and ran a hand through his ponytail.

"What a drag, you better catch up." Shikamaru said making me smile.

"But-" Naruto ws cut off.

"No Buts, go!" I said. "Wind style: Air bullets!"

I shot the bullets of air at the clone Neji had been fighting to give him an opening to leave. As the team went ahead I offered them one last smile before turning to face my opponents. Hopefully I'd be done quick and able to catch up.