126

Toka's pov

After training with Sasuke and taking a nap I convinced Itona and Akira to come on a mission with me. It was 8 o'clock as specified earlier in the day by Shikamaru and the three of us were hiding behind a fence outside Hiko~Sensei's appartment building watching.

"We shouldn't be doing this Toka, this is Hiko~Sensei's private life." Akira said.

"Quit being a buzz kill! We're just making sure he's right for her." I shot back.

"She'll catch us." Itona said blankly.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"She's a sensory ninja, her sensory skills span across the whole village. She knows where everyone is at all times." Itona replied.

"There's no way. Sensei is cool but she's not that cool." I said.

"Toka, Hiko~Sensei was part of the old team 7, the ones that fought Kaguya on their own and ended the war. She was also part of the team that saved the moon. Having powerful sensory skills isn't impressive compared to that." Akira said.

I huffed. I knew Hiko~Sensei was amazing, she saved us from the awful lives we were living before, she gave us a second chance. She was teaching us so that we could live better lives, only an amazing person would do that. So many people ignored us, they didn't care we needed help but Hiko~Sensei was different, she was like the mum we all wished we had.

"Look! That's her date." I said, pointing at Shikamaru, approaching the appartment building with a bouquet of roses in hand.

"He was part of the moon team." Akira said in recognition.

"His name is Shikamaru, Sensei seems to really like him and his mum. " I said. "I met them earlier when Sensei was trying to find someone to teach me fire style."

We watched him disappear into the appartment for a few minutes. When he came back out he had Hiko~Sensei with him, holding her hand, both of their faces tinted pink.

"Aww, look." I said pointing them out. "They're blushing."

Time skip

We followed them around the village for a while, they were just walking around and holding hands talking about things we couldn't quite hear. When they eventually did stop to do something it was a picnic in the park. I felt that it was fitting, Hiko~Sensei wasn't really the fancy dinner type of person.

"I wonder what they're talking about." I said.

"It's not really our business Toka." Akira said. "They seem happy so let's just go."

"It is our business! She's our Sensei." I said. "I'm going in, I wanna know what they're saying."

I jumped through the trees to get closer to them, trying to hear what they were saying.

"How much do you wanna bet Yoshino~San tries to watch us?" Hiko~Sensei said.

"What a drag, I didn't tell her about the first date because I knew she'd act like that. Troublesome woman was listening in." Shikamaru said. "She just loves you."

Hiko~Sensei smiled at him in a way I had never seen anyone smile before. She seemed so genuinely happy.

"I love her too, she's the closest thing to a mum I have." Hiko~Sensei said. "I feel like if my mum was still alive now she'd act the exact same way as Yoshino~san."

"That'd be such a drag." Shikamaru said making Hiko~Sensei laugh.

"We'd have so much work to do trying to appease them both. One wrong move and the world would end." Hiko~Sensei said as she leaned on his shoulder.

"You've gotten pretty good at stopping the end of the world, you'd mange." Shikamaru said.

"Remember when Iruka~Sensei asked us who we'd want to spend our last day on earth with? I left mine empty at the time because I didn't know who my parents were and I hadn't made any friends yet and Naruto and I had gotten into a huge fight the year prior and weren't talking anymore. I ended up just sleeping through class that day. The end of the earth has almost happened twice now and it got me thinking about how I'd answer that now." Hiko~Sensei said.

"I answered the question then and my answer has never changed." Shikamaru said. "Every time the world has been on the brink of destruction the person I wanted to spend my last day with was always you."

"Even then? Why?" Hiko~Sensei asked.

"Because I could watch you for a single moment and find a thousand things I love about you." Shikamaru said, both of their faces becoming as red as Hiko~Sensei's hair.

Hiko~Sensei was the one that made the next move, leaning in to kiss him. I let out a squeal of excitement, if he wasn't her boyfriend this morning he had to be now. Hiko~Sensei deserved to be happy.

"If I could go back and write an answer, it'd be you." Hiko~Sensei confessed.

I was about ready to leave now that I had seen what I wanted to. Before I could go though a chain wrapped around me and pulled me out of the trees and into the open.

"You three need to learn how to hide your chakra before the chunin exams next month." Hiko~Sensei said as she turned to look at us, her arms crossed.

"Yes sensei." Itona agreed as the chains that pulled us from our hiding places retreated back into Hiko~Sensei's body. "I told you she would catch us."

"We were just looking out for you Sensei! We wanted to make sure he was nice to you!" I said making Hiko~Sensei laugh.

"Thank you for your concern Toka but I can take care of myself." Hiko~Sensei said.

"Is this your team?" Shikamaru asked.

"Yeah, this is Toka, Akira and Itona." Hiko~Sensei introduced.

"They're as troublesome as their Sensei." Shikamaru said.

"Says you." Hiko~Sensei said. "Now it's late, you three should be in bed. You have training tomorrow after all."

"Yes Sensei." Itona said.

"We'll walk you home. It's dark." Shikamaru said.