28

Hiko's pov

"I'm home!" I called out as I entered Naruto and I's shared apartment.

I didn't get a reply but I heard giggling coming from our bedroom. I shook my head and put my shopping down on the counter. I took out the things like milk, cheese, yoghurt, ham, fish and butter and put them in the fridge so that they didn't go off. I hid my ice-cream at the back of the freezer too before going to check on Naruto.

"I'm gonna learn a new jutsu! Now maybe I'll finally get sakura's attention, and a kiss! I can't wait to see Kakashi~sensei and sasuke when I spring it on them!" Naruto said.

He was sat on his bed surrounded by loads of random items, shoving things into a back pack.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going training with the pervy sage, he's going to teach me a super cool new jutsu even better than Sasuke's chidori." Naruto replied.

"How long are you going for?" I asked.

"I don't know, a while probably." Naruto said.

"If you're going to be gone for any length of time then you need to properly pack your bags. Here." I said as I went into his drawers and pulled out a few sets of clean clothes and some pyjamas. "Give me your wallet."

Naruto took the clothes from me and reluctantly handed me his frog wallet. I went over to my bedside drawer and pulled out some of the money I had been saving and put it into his wallet.

"You don't have to do that Hiko, that's your money." Naruto said.

"It's there if you need it, if you don't you can always give I back when you get home." I said. "I'll get you a separate bag for food, rember to pack your toothbrush and deodorant."

"Thanks Hiko, for always reminding me to bring what I need." Naruto said.

"That's my job as your big sister." I said.

"Hey! I'm the oldest! Believe it!" Naruto exclaimed.

"No, I'm the oldest. You still act like a kid." I said.

"I'm the oldest Ya know!" Naruto yelled.

"No, I am!" I yelled back.

The two of us looked at eachother for a minute before we burst out laughing. We had no idea who was born first, there wasn't a person alive that knew. I had a feeling that Naruto was the oldest but I acted more mature and therefore loved to argue that I was older.

"I'm gonna pack you some food, I just did the shopping so I have plenty I can give you. I'll bring it through in ten minutes, that'll give you time to sort out what else you're taking." I said.

Naruto nodded before turning back to his things.

Time skip

Before Naruto was set to leave I decided I should meet this sage he would be leaving with. I know that Naruto can take care of himselflf, he's not a kid, but as his sister I could still worry. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't someone interested in Naruto for the wrong reasons. After Gaara's story of being hunted and weaponised as a jinchuuriki I was worried that others would try to use Naruto as a weapon too.

I saw a man that fit the description Naruto had given me of the sage and approached him.

"Are you the sage?" I asked him.

He turned around to face me, a smirk on his face as he did this weird dance type thing.

"Yes it is I, the great toad sage of Mount myoboku." The man said. "I see my reputation proceeds me, what can I do for you little lady?"

"Why do you want to train my brother?" I asked.

"Your brother?" He said confused.

"That's right, why do you want to train my twin brother? What is your plan with Naruto?" I asked.

"Naruto!?" He said in surprise.

"Are you always stupid or is today just a special occasion?" I said.

Jiraiya's pov

Looking at the girl now knowing she was Naruto's sister I could see the resemblance. I must have been blind not to see it before. She was Kushina's double, she had the same red hair, round face and fair skin. She even seemed to have the same tomboyishness as Kushina. The only thing she got from Minato physically was his bright blue eyes.

The sarcastic comments was definitely something inherited from Kushina as well and yet she didn't seem to be hot headed. If kushina were in her place I'm sure I would have been punched by now.

I was still a bit in shock, Minato and kushina didn't mention they were having twins. I suppose there was a chance that they themselves didn't know.

"Sorry, I was caught off guard. The kid didn't mention he had a sister. What's your name?" I said.

"He never mentions me, It's not surprising. My name is Hiko, Hiko Uzumaki." She replied.

Hiko. That was definitely a reference to my book, tales of a gutsy ninja. Naruto's name had been pulled from there and Yahiko was Naruto's sidekick in the story so the name Hiko made sense. Still, it was surprising they hadn't used Konan, she was the heroine of the story after all. I suppose they wanted Hiko to be there for Naruto the same way Yahiko had been there for Naruto in the story.

"Hiko huh? That's a nice name, I swear there's a character in one of my novels that has a similar name." I said.

"Yes, tales of a gutsy ninja, Naruto and Yahiko." Hiko said. "I've always felt that my parents were fans of the book, why else would my brother and I have the same names as two of the lead characters."

"So you know who I am then?" I asked.

"Of course I do, you're Master Jiraiya the legendary sanin. You're one of the best shinobi produced by this village, you're also a novelist and a pervert." Hiko said plainly. "Now let me ask again, why are you so interested in my brother?"

I sighed.

"Look, I spent a lot of my time watching criminals and lets just say a lot of them have it out for Naruto. They want jinchuuriki to use as weapons. I want to train Naruto so that he can defend himself and protect the nine tales from falling into the wrong hands." I said.

Hiko gave a satisfied nod.

"Just look out for him. Please. I know he can be annoying and forgetful and a bit of an idiot and he's way too naive but he's a kind person. He may need a lot of help right now but he'll be a strong shinobi one day, maybe even the hokage." Hiko said.

"Now I understand how he's managed to get this far on his own. He wasn't alone, he had you watching over him." I said.

She just nodded before walking away. I'd have to talk to kakashi about her at a later date. I can't believe that I didn't know they had a daughter. Old man third never told me.