3

Hiko's pov

We were in the Hokage's office after completing a mission.

"Oh my little tora, mummy was so worried about her naughty little kitty." A woman said as she nuzzled the obviously unhappy cat that she had taken from my arms.

"HaHa, that kitty deserves to be squashed." Naruto said.

"No wonder it ran away." Sakura said.

"Now then, for squad seven's next mission we have several available tasks. Among them we have babysitting the chief councilors three year old, helping his wife to do the shopping, digging up potatoes-" The Hokage began.

"Nooo! I wanna go on a real mission! Something challenging and exciting, not this little kid stuff! Come on old man!" Naruto exclaimed.

"I'd rather be asleep than go on another one of those missions." I agreed.

"HOW DARE YOU!! You're just a brand new genin with no experience!!! Like everyone else you start with simple missions to develop your skills!!" Iruka~sensei yelled at him.

"Are you serious!? Babysitting is not a mission its just a stupid-!!!" Naruto yelled before getting knocked to the ground by Kakashi~sensei.

"Will you put a lid on it?" Kakashi~sensei asked.

"Naruto, it seems you don't understand the tasks you've been given. Listen, many different kinds of requests come into our village everyday from babysitting to assassinations, these requests are carefully recorded, analysed and the ranked A, B, C or D depending on their difficulty. We ninja are also ranked by abilities Hokage, jonin, Chūnin and genin at the bottom. At the highest level we select and assign the ninja who have the appropriate skills and abilities and if the mission is successful we receive a few that supports our village and our work. Since you are genin just starting down the shinobi path you are given D level assignments of course." Lord Hokage explained before realising no-one was listening and were instead listening to Naruto talk about Ramen. "Silence!"

"Oh, sorry." Kakashi~sensei said.

"You always lecture me like you're my grandfather or something but I'm not the little brat who used to pull pranks all the time, I'm a ninja now and I want a ninja mission." Naruto said.

"*chuckles* So be it, since you are so determined in going to give you a C ranked mission. You'll be body guards on a journey ." The Hokage said.

"Its seriously that easy?" I asked.

"Really!? Yes! Who? Who? Are we guarding a princess or a councillor?" Naruto asked excitedly.

"Don't be so impatient, I'll bring him in, send in our visitor." The Hokage said.

We all turned to look at the door as it opened and the strong smell of alcohol hit our noses. In walked an old man clutching a bottle of beer.

"What the-? A bunch of little snot nosed kids?" The man asked before taking a swig from his bottle.

"And you, the little one with the idiotic look on your face, you really expect me to believe you're a ninja?" The man said.

"*laughs* who's the little one with the idiotic look on his fa-" Naruto stoped talking when he realised it was him. "I'll demolish you! Let me get my hands on him!"