111

Hiko's pov

The first couple of days after seeing Naruto and the girls was spent letting people know I was back. Yoshino had lectured me for hours about how I should never leave again and Shikamaru left me to suffer through it for revenge. Things settled into normalcy immediately after everyone knew I was back and I had never been happier to be back.

I was out at the training ground we used to train at as kids with a book on chakra natures trying to figure out which one to attempt. I knew Earth style wasn't for me after failing at it during the war so my options were fire or lightning.

"Hey, looking for a new nature to learn?" Kakashi~Sensei asked.

"Hey, looking for an excuse not to work?" I countered.

Kakashi~Sensei chuckled and shook his head.

"Tsunade took time to train Sakura, why can't I take some time to work with my favorite student?" Kakashi~Sensei said.

"Well then you better be working because I wanna learn a new chakra nature." I said.

"You should try Lightning style, Your father could use lightning style." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"Care to show me a basic lightning technique then?" I asked.

"This was the first lightning technique I learned when I was a kid." Kakashi~Sensei said as he pulled a kunai from his kunai pouch.

He made a single one handed hand sign, holding the kunai out infront of him with the other hand. Lightning began crakling around the blade and Kakashi~Sensei flung it, causing it to pierce right through a tree leaving behind jagged edges and scorch marks.

"Lightning style is easier when you have a conductor to focus on, especially since it isn't your affinity nature. That's why lightning style: electric blade is the first thing lightning style users learn. Think you can handle it?" Kakashi~Sensei explained.

"Of course I can, I've done harder things." I replied.

"Good." Kakashi~Sensei said before sitting down in the rass with his pervy book.

I just shook my head, he was just using this as an excuse to read his stupid book again. I took out a kunai of my own and made the hand sign before focusing my chakra into the blade.

I was no prodigy though and my first attempt ended up as an accidental wind blade. That wasn't too much of a surprise considering the two jutsu were pretty much the same.

Time skip

I had been at it all day trying to produce some form of lightning. It was a possibility that I just wasn't cut out for lightning style either. Kakashi~Sensei was enjoying himself though, escaping his work and almost completely re-reading the make out tactics book. His head however bolted up to look at me when there was a crackle of lightning and I fell back, dropping my kunai to the ground.

"That was almost it, try again." Kakashi~Sensei said as he put his book away and stood up to watch me.

I picked myself up and rabbed my kunai, getting a small electric shock from the metal. I made the hand sign and focused on the kunai. The blade slowly began crackling and I threw it at a tree, it cut and burned the tree but didn't quite get all the way through. I was about to ask Kakashi~Sensei how I did when a small shot of lightning came from my kunai and hit me.

"Oww." I said, shaking my now shocked hand around.

Kakashi~Sensei chuckled and approached the tree to look at the damage.

"That happens sometimes with lightning style, you'll get used to it." Kakashi~Sensei said. "You did pretty good for your first one."

"It just took me all day." I said. "I've got plenty of time to get better at it I suppose."

"Meet me here at the same time next week with that perfected and I'll teach you something else." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"You're giving me a week? I'll have it down by the end of tomorrow." I said.

"I know you will but I have paperwork to do." Kakashi~Sensei said sounding defeated.

I just laughed.

"So you finally intend on doing your job now? I'm glad to see you taking initiative." I said, patting his shoulder and wincing at the pain from being hit by lightning.

"You should have Sakura take a look at that." Kakashi~Sensei said.

"I will, now get back to work lord hokage." I said before shunshining away.