106

Hiko's pov

Things only got worse as time went on, I felt uncomfortable leaving the house because of the constant feeling of being watched and my lack of friends discouraged my outings too. People wouldn't talk to me for a verity of reasons such as me being being a foreigner, my relationship with Gaara and my bright red hair. This caused me to begin spiraling, something I hadn't done in almost two years. I was so isolated from other people that I couldn't help but think dark thoughts. My only contact with people over the past two months was through letters to the old rookie 10 and the sand siblings whenever they actually had time to come home.

"Honey, I'm home!" Temari called out as she entered the house.

I was quick to cheer myself up, a smile coming to my face as the older girl came into view.

"Temari!" I cheered as I stood up to hug the girl.

"Sorry I haven't been home in a while, I've been really busy with preparations for the chunin exams. It's the first ones since the war so it's really important we get this right." Temari explained.

"Don't worry, I get it." I said.

"Hey, why do you look so upset?" Temari asked.

"I'm fine, I just miss being a shinobi. You guys are all still out there saving lives and doing missions and I'm stuck here." I said. "Not that the village isn't beautiful, I just miss adventure."

"Don't loose hope, I'm still pushing for you to get that headband. You deserve to be a jonin with me, you did all the work for it and loving my brother shouldn't mean sacrificing that." Temari said.

"It's kind of hard to keep my hopes up when I get shot down every month. I mean we've already failed 4 times." I said.

"Don't talk like that, you'll be a shinobi again." Temari assured me. "Now let's have some fun, Konkuro is alone in his room with his puppets right now."

I grinned at her, knowing exactly where this was going.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, prank time." Temari said.

The two of us high fived eacother, mischievous grins on our faces.

"So, what's the plan?" I asked.

"Oh you're gonna love this." Temari said excitedly.

Time skip

After coming up with a plan and setting everything up the two of us got into position to watch our prank unfold. We were hiding in a panel in the roof, looking down into Konkuro's room where he was working on a puppet.

Temari made a hand seal and created a small gust of wind which knocked Konkuro's puppet off of his desk. We had to stiffle our giggles as Konkuro jumped slightly in fright before frantically looking around for the source of the wind. While he was doing that I threw a kunai at a string we set up in the roof with us, causing Konkuro's puppet rack to clatter to the ground.

"Okay, real funny Hiko, quit it." Konkuro said, looking around for my hiding place.

Right on cue my clone came into the room with him.

"Hey, do you wanna come and get ramen with Temari and I in an hour or so? We're starving." My clone said.

Konkuro narrowed his eyes at my clone as he approached her.

"Don't play innocent with me." Konkuro said.

"What do you mean?" My clone asked.

"You're trying to scare me again by knocking my puppets around." Konkuro said.

"I'm not but that I really wish I was, Temari got a hold of my hair." My clone whined, turning around to reveal some ornate hairstyle Temari threw together.

"Wait, so you were actually with Temari?" Konkuro asked.

"Yeah, we've been together since she got back." My clone replied.

"Then who made my puppet rack fall and blew my stuff off my desk?" Konkuro asked.

"I have no clue, sounds fun though, I wish I had thought of it." My clone said before walking away.

When Konkuro returned to his desk he seemed genuinely spooked. That was my cue to use a water jutsu to drip on him from above. When he looked up to see where the water was coming from he saw the giant transformation of a snake Temari made jump out of a panel in the ceiling.

Konkuro screamed like a little girl as he fell back onto the floor. He was chalk white and seemingly terrified which made Temari and I burst out in hysterics.

The two of us laughed so hard we fell through the panels in the ceiling.

"You two are assholes!" Konkuro huffed which only made us laugh harder. "I hate you."

"You love us really." I said.