Ozone (JimLee)

hello all, your author is back with one of the og oc ships. sorry i kinda died for a bit, but hello. without further ado, chase atlantic

"I'm feeling numb off of all of these Xans." Lee Shadows said with a satisfied sigh, her eyes rolling up to the ceiling.
"I know it's time that I fucked up your plans, and Lee for you I wish I was more of a man." James Sullivan said back, snatching up the pill bottle that lay on the table between them.
"No, you don't understand JimJam." she smiled, reaching for the bottle only for him to move further back.
"I neglected you again." he whispered sadly, her eyebrows raising in anger.

"Don't forget you owe me one." she hissed, and he shook his head.
"I've repaid that Lee-Lee. Instead let's focus on those ninety-nine cent dreams, and maybe you could show me some." he said back softly, and she shook her head.
"I put me above you, and honestly I think I fucked it up." Lee finally admitted, her bright blue eyes dimming slightly as she looked at the man before her.

"I know you're sitting alone, but you don't have to." Jimmy said the next night, walking outside to the balcony where Lee sat with her back to him.
"Fuck. I made mistakes with these white lines, and it seems I'm always clouded by all of the smoke." she said, turning to him before continuing her sentence.
"I don't think I'll ever get sober."

"I'm bored out my mind again." Jimmy whistled wistfully out of the window a week later, cigarette dropping in his fingers.
"If you need some company, call your friends." Lee shot back, nursing a glass of Jack Daniels. "I would but they always tell me I'm sick in the head." he chuckled, watching as her demeanor shifted to a more relaxed one.
"The sickness began with the meds, back when you would either try to jump off the ledge, or drown in alcohol again." she chuckled back, before coming up to his back and putting her arms around him.

"Don't forget you owe me one." he whispered, and she kissed the back of his neck softly.
"You need some reasons to live, maybe I could show you some." she offered, tracing 'I love you' into the exposed skin of his arm.
"I do not deserve your love." pushing her off
of him, he walked through the apartment and out the door, not waiting for a response.

"I don't know why, but I'm 'bout to ruin the Ozone." he drunkenly slurred later that evening, slumped over in their living room as she looked at him.
"I don't think I'll ever get sober." he chuckled, and she went to him slowly, helping sit on the couch.
"I don't think I'll ever get sober." she whispered back, pulling a small box from behind her back, a tourniquet already in place on her arm.
"I wish I was more of a man." he said as he watched her plunge the needle into her skin, the blissful way her eyes fluttered shut.
"Looks like I neglected you again." she replied simply; drawing up his hit before plunging it into his veins.

for jac, wherever you are. i love you. be safe and be well.