If It Means A Lot To You (Jimlee)

"Hey darling, I hope you're good tonight." Jimmy Sullivan said as soon as his wife Lee answered the phone, his eyes closing as he lay back in his bunk.
"Hey. I'm okay, just, restless. How are you? And the guys?"
"We're okay. Lee, you dont have to lie to me. Okay I know you, and I know you don't feel right when I'm leaving."
"Do you want it? Or need it?" she asked quietly, and he let out a sigh.
"Yeah, I want it but no, I don't need it. So can you tell me something sweet to get me by?" he said slowly, and she scoffed, the sound echoing through his head.
"Can you come home?"
"Lee, c'mon, you know I can't come back home 'til they're singin'." he said, a nostalgic smile crossing his lips as she sighed.
"I know."

La, la la la, la la la
'Til everyone is singin'

"Lee, baby, if you can wait 'til I get home, then I swear to you that we can make this last." he said softly. and she took a deep breathe.
"If I can wait til you get home, do you swear come tomorrow this will be in our past?" she whispered, and a smile flitted across his face.
"It might be for the best."

"And hey sweetie, but I need you here tonight." Lee said a few hours later, silence overtaking the line until that point.
"And before you say anything, I know that you don't wanna be leaving. Because yeah, you want it but I can't help it." she said in a rush, sensing that Jimmy was about to speak.
"I know Leelou. I just feel complete when you're by my side." he said back, and he could see her wiping a stray tear away absently before her hand floated down to her stomach.
"But I know you can't come home 'til they're singin'." she said with a soft sound of discontent.
"I swear to you we can make this last." he said adamantly, and she chuckled.
"Come tomorrow, this will all be in our past, because it might be for the best, right?" she asked, a scoff forcing its way out of her lips.

It might be for the best

"You know you can't give me what I need. And Jimmy, even though you mean so much to me, I can wait through everything." she said, her voice breaking as his eyebrows raised.
"What?"
"Me and Cole are gonna go stay with Tony. For awhile."
"Is this really happening?" he asked, and a quiet sob from the other end answered his question.
"I swear I'll never be happy again." she said quietly, and he laughed once, harsh and cold.
"Don't you dare say we can just be friends, cause Leeland, I'm not some boy that you can sway." he said angrily, and she let out a chuckle.
"We knew it'd happen eventually James." she sighed, and ended the call. Two months later, she got a letter from Jimmy in the mail, a simple phrase written there that made her heart clench as she ran inside to pack her clothes.

"Now everybody's singin' Leelou. I'll see you at home."

Now everybody's singin' la