I Swear This Time I Mean It (Quinn and Vincent)

"Please be still tonight,  don't disturb this love of mine." Vincent Fuentes pleaded lowly, keeping his eyes glued to the dark purple blue Florida sky above him.
"I mean, look how she's so serene.  Really you've gotta help me out." He said, his eyes trailing to the bed where his girlfriend Quinn Sanders lay asleep. 
"You should learn to count the stars to form the lines, and then find the words we'll sing in time." Quinn said from the bed, her eyes opening with a smile as she looked at him. 

I won't forget this

"I'm outdated, overrated." Vincent mumbled as he laid next to her,  and she put her head on his chest. 
"Morning seems so far away." She whispered, and he blinked, opening his eyes to an empty bed. 

"I'll sing a melody, and hope to God she's listening." Vincent sang a week later,  eyes locked on the strings of the guitar in his hands as the small crowd moved closer. 
"And I'll be in her memories. A lullaby for all the times." He said, looking into the crowd to see a pair of steely grey eyes looking at him passively.
"Hoping that my voice could get it right." He finished, and walked backstage to the stage door,  slipping into the night. 

"If luck is on my side tonight, then my clumsy tongue will make it right." Vincent said as footsteps approached him, stopping close enough for him to see a pair of black vans and catch a whiff of perfume on the warm night air. 

Quinn. 

"Look, what you're doing." She began, and he cut her off.
"It isn't much." He said, and she sighed.
"But it's enough Vince." She whispered, and he looked up, locking eyes with her. 
"For one night,  just forget your scars and we'll forget mine." She said, following his gaze as it passed down to her arms then thighs, where invisible scars littered her skin. 
"God, please make this last." He whispered,  pulling her to his chest.

Hoping that my voice
Could get it right

"You could crush me, but please don't crush me." Vincent muttered into her hair, and she looked up. 
"Baby I'm a dreamer for sure." She whispered, and he pulled away to look into her eyes.
"Quinn, I won't let you down again. Okay? I swear this time I mean it." He said softly, and she nodded.
"Vince, I'll be your memories." She said softly, kissing his forehead and then walking down the street. 

Hoping that my voice
Could get it right