So Big/ So Small (Cole and Salem)

Cole is a oc and Salem is her nephew, though in this he's her child. So yeah enjoy. Also yea i stole this from Dear Evan Hansen, fite me.

"Salem, can you come here?" Cole called, tears pricking her eyes when the boy came in.
"Are you okay mama?" he asked quietly, and she shook her head before pulling him close, shutting her eyes as her husband walked out, slamming the door behind him.
"Where's daddy going?" he asked again, and she took a deep breath.
"He's left before, but you wouldn't remember. You had just turned this many." she giggled, holding up one finger to the 4 year old.
"No, he didn't." Salem said stubbornly, and Cole sighed before pulling him against her chest.

"It was a February day when your dad came by, before going away. There was a U-Haul truck in the driveway the day it was suddenly real. He and Uncle Jimmy had to move away and leave me and Aunt Leelou. And you. They had to leave us all." she whispered, and looked down at him with a forced smile.
"Keep going." he urged, and she nodded.
"I told you not to come outside, but you saw that truck and you smiled so wide. You had never seen a truck before, so you were so happy about a real live truck in your driveway. We let you sit behind the wheel." she laughed, and then kissed his forehead.

Goodbye, goodbye

"Now it's just me and my little guy. And the house felt so big, and I felt so small." she whispered, smiling at him through the tears that were beginnning to cloud her vision.

The house felt so big
And I felt so small

"That night, I tucked you into bed like always. And I will never forget how you sat up and said
"Is there another truck coming to our driveway? A truck that will take mommy away?" she continued, and his eyebrows came together before he shook his head and grabbed her hand. "And I knew there would be moments that I'd miss, and I knew there would be space I couldn't fill." she said tilting her head up to the ceiling.
"And I knew I'd come up short a billion different ways, and I did, and I do. And I will. God I will." she laughed, and then looked down at him a hand brushing his hair from his eyes.

"But like that February day, I will take your hand, squeeze it tightly and say: there's not another truck in the driveway." she smiled, sniffling before squeezing his hand tightly.
Your mom isn't going anywhere

"Your mom is staying right here, no matter what. I'll be here when it all feels so big. 'Til it all feels so small." she whispered, and kissed his cheek before carrying him to bed.
"Mama, you'll stay forever wont you?" he asked, his brown eyes big and questioning as she placed her head on his and smiled.
"Always. Even when it all feels so big, and 'til it all feels so small.

'Til it all feels so small