Your Bed (Delilah and Clayton)

God, I love oc ships. Don't you?

"Where are you now?" Delilah White asked quietly, and at the sigh of the other end of the phone quickly plowed on.
"I know I'm a fool for asking, but I let you under my skin and I've never been the same." She said, and a quiet chuckle came through.
"How do you keep yourself together when I'm gone Dee?" Clayton Cave asked, plugging an ear to block out the sounds of his bandmates.
"I'm hardly together." She said, and he tilted his head back.
"I can't find the nerve to say it's alright." He admitted, and she laughed once.
"And I can't find the nerve to say I miss you more than anybody should."

"I wish you could take me to your bed, so we can mess around." Clayton said a few days later when Delilah called, and she sighed.
"Like we never meant anything we said?" She asked, and he shook his head, knowing she couldn't see him.
"I need you to feel again." He said softly, and she blinked.
"Don't mess around." She said back, and he smiled.
"I'm not. You'd know that if you'd just let me in." He said, and after a moment of silence she finally replied.
 "Just take me to your bed."

So take me to your bed

"Who are you now?" Clayton asked a month later when he got home, and Delilah looked up from the couch without a word.
"Do I want to know?" He asked, and she gave a half smile.
"Your asking for something that I know is probably gonna rip you open." She said, and he sat on the floor of the hallway, keeping his eyes on hers.
"I let you down, and I deserve to feel it." He said quietly, and she shook her head.
"I just can't believe it, that your home. But I can't find the nerve to say it's alright." She said and then walked into the kitchen, pouring the cup of tea in her hand out before going to their room.

"Take me to your bed." She said a few hours later when she came downstairs, and he looked at her in surprise.
"Dee what?" He asked, and she rolled her eyes.
"So we can mess around, just like we never meant anything we said." She said, and he walked to her slowly, wrapping his arms around her frame.
"Don't mess around. Please. All you need to do is just let me in." He whispered, and she kissed him softly, taking his hand and walking towards the stairs.
"Take me to your bed." She said simply, and he nodded.

So take me to your bed