A Lovely Mess (Ryden)

See told ya, more ships coming. Welcome back Ryden.

"I'm not the man that I once was." Ryan Ross said softly, his voice echoing back to him in the silence that filled the room. Brendon Urie looked at him and shook his head, pulling the edges of his sleeves down.
"And here I was about to say that I'm changing every day because I want to find someone like you." He scoffed, a weak sound that barely made it past his lips. Ryan sighed once and then looked down, gritting his teeth against the lump in his throat.
"You wanna know something stupid Bren?" He asked, and the brunette man looked up sharply, eyes guarded in a way that made Ryan's chest compress tightly.
"What?" Brendon asked coldly, making Ryan flinch away without meaning to.
"You've got these eyes. Eyes that can tear me down, but instead all they do is build me up." He chuckled, eyes lighting up at the small smile that graced Brendon's features.

"Darling, I may not be everything you want." Ryan whispered that night, putting out the cigarette that was between his lips.
"What?" Brendon asked, turning with a eyebrow cocked.
"You heard me. The only thing I can promise to give you all I have. And before you start, I know I'm not the perfect man." He said quickly, then stood up and took one of Brendon's hands in his own.
"But you, Brendon Boyd Urie are just so perfect. I know that I don't deserve to, but I want to be the one that holds your hand." He whispered, looking to the floor only to have his head snap up when Brendon squeezed his hand gently.

"I'm sorry if I come off strong, I don't know what it is." Brendon said softly, and then scratched the back of his head before cursing under his breath.
"I think it could be that you're all wrong for me, but damnit I just had to see." Ryan shook his head as Brendon finished speaking, looking at the other man's eyes, eyes that shone with guilt and strangely enough, hope.
"Bren, I think I know the reason we work so well. It's 'cause you are broken and I am such a wreck." Ryan laughed, a rare thing to hear in recent times.
"I think we'd make a lovely mess."

I want to be the one that
Holds your hand

"My dream is that one day we could wake up in a bed we call our own." Ryan said quietly, catching Brendon's eye as the brunette looked at him.
"Yeah, I do too. Hell Ry, I would buy you lots of flowers." He chuckled, then wrapped the other man in his arms.
"I would sing you Frank Sinatra while we sway along and dance." He smiled, twirling Ryan in a slow circle.
"This life of course, could be all yours if you would just give me a chance." Ryan murmured, and Brendon sighed.
"Look, Bren, I'm not those men that made you cry." He continued, and the other man shook his head slowly, eyes going to the floor as he released Ryan.
"I know it doesn't mean much, but I promise I will spend my life just trying to make you feel alive." Brendon said finally, and Ryan smiled, a bright one that stretched across his face and into his eyes.
"You are broken and I am such a wreck, and I swear I'll love you till I'm dead." He said softly, pulling Brendon close before pressing a sweet kiss to his lips.