A Part Of Me [Quinn and Onyx]

this doesn't have a ship name yet, but its a oc ship of onyx (last name undecided) and my oc quinn. enjoy.

"I'll paint you a picture with words 'I miss her'" Quinn Sanders said from the floor of her small dorm room, a photo album spread open on her lap. At that exact moment her phone rang, and a smile spread across her face at the name that went across the screen.
"Hello?"
"Hey Q. Hows packing?"
"Harder than I thought." Quinn said with a small sigh, and she heard Onyx release a breath before speaking.
"Why?"
"I found a bunch of our old photos, and it kinda hit me that we still talk like everyday, but we don't talk in the same way that we used to. And it hurts." Quinn chuckled, and then quickly spoke again before Onyx could say anything else.
"And I know what you said, that I'll move on and forget you but that hasn't and isn't happening, even if we could never see eye to eye." she hurled out, and Onyx's end was silent before the call ended abruptly, leaving Quinn to look at her phone in disbelief before slinging it across the room as tears began to fall.

"Honestly, why do you even bother with her Quinnie?" her cousin Theo asked that night as they entered a phone repair shop, and Quinn shook her head with a chuckle.
"You wouldn't get it The."
"Try me." she countered, standing in front of Quinn and glaring into the girls dark blue eyes.
"I like her. Fuck I love her. And I like her 'cause she's smart, headstrong and independent. She can always put me in my place, even when I don't know where I stand." she said softly, and Theo sighed before locking eyes with Onyx from across the store.
"What if you could talk to her again?" Theo asked, watching Onyx's bright green eyes as she crossed the shop towards them, her eyes glued to Quinn.
"That I wished that I could find the words, or muster up the nerve to tell her that I'll never forget her and she'll always have a part of me." she said, her voice breaking at the end.
"You can always tell me now." a voice said, and Quinn turned to find herself face to face with Onyx, her purple locks falling into her face in a way that made Quinn itch to move it.
"I can't Ony." she whispered, and walked out of the store without a backwards glance.

"Quinn wait!" Onyx yelled as she ran outside after the girl, and she turned around slowly.
"What?"
"Don't do this. Please, don't let me go down this road again." she whispered, and Quinn looked at her, noticing that the freckles on her face had deepened along with subtle bags under her eyes from lack of sleep.
"We both know where this ends. But you also know I can't play these games." Quinn whispered, and Onyx shook her head.
"It's not a game. Quinn, I just. I'll never forget you." she muttered, and it was silent for a moment until Quinn broke it.
"You wanna know what's funny? I was falling for a girl who would ask me to come over just for a day, when her parents were away. That happened alot." she chuckled, and then looked into Onyx's eyes and took a deep breath.
"But now all I can do is lay in my room. Then fall asleep, dream of you, wake up and do nothing about it." Onyx's breath hitched as Quinn finished speaking, and then she lowered her eyes to the cracked sidewalk between them.
"I fell for a girl who could never ever let me walk home that way, 'cause you gotta be safe." she smiled, and at a small chuckle from the other girl she continued.
"So hold back your views, cause we're both leaving soon. And Quinn, I can't fall back on you, 'cause that's not what I do." she finished, and then turned away to leave only to stop when a hand grabbed her arm.
"You always hated when I shout, but you should know I still sing for you." Quinn whispered, and then pulled Onyx close to her, placing a kiss against her lips before letting go and walking away quickly, wiping stray tears from her face as she did.

I still sing for you.