Fight For Me (Shadows)

"Why when you see boys fight, does it look so horrible?" Cole Shadows asked her sister, eyes caught on the fist fight unfolding down the hall from them.
"Yet feel so right?" Lee snickered, wincing as the new kid who started the whole thing caught a right hook to the jaw.
"Exactly. I mean we shouldn't watch this crap." she breathed, eyes glued to the nameless guy as he swung back, knocking one of the jocks of the school on his back.
"That's not who we are." Lee agreed, and the sisters locked eyes with a grin.
"But with this kid, damn."
Suddenly a principal was there, shouting over the din as he dragged the remaining two apart. Later that day as Cole was leaving, she caught sight of the new kid leaning against a tree, ciggarette dangling between his lips.
"Hey, Mr. no-name-kid, so who might you be? I mean, I didn't catch your name earlier."  she asked as she approached, mentally slapping herself at her weak explantiom and the easy smile he shot her way.
"I didn't throw it."
"No need to be rude, I'm not picking a fight here." she said pointedly, and he chuckled lowly.
"I don't need a excuse to fight, just a good enough reason."

Two weeks went by with them talking by the front of school, his name a mystery she didn't care to solve.
"You know how you said you needed a good reason to fight?" she asked one day, and he looked at her questioningly.
"Yeah, why?"
"C-could you fight for me?" she asked quietly, and when he didn't reply she plowed on.
"Could you face the crowd? I mean, could or would you ever be seen with me and still act proud?" she breathed, and he let out a deep breath before looking at her.
"How do you want me to answer that?"
"However you want." she countered, and he shook his head.
"That's like me asking 'could you hold my hand?'" he jeered, and she cut her eyes away from him.
"Could you carry me through no man's land?" she countered, and he let out a sigh.
"Your being serious aren't you?" he asked, and then continued talking.
"Look, Cole, I dont really think that I'm t-"
"Stop. I mean it's fine if you don't agree." she cut in, grabbing her bag from his feet and beginning to walk away, turning after a few paces.
"But, I would fight for you if you would fight for me." she said, and then walked to where Lee now stood.

The next day she walked to their spot to see a note stapled to a tree, words scrawled there with an impatient hand.
"Look, I was gonna say, let them drive us underground. To hell with them if they don't like us, and all the injuries ill get, well you can set my broken bones, and don't worry I know C.P.R. Which is my weird way of saying yes, I would fight for you."
She turned with a grin just in time to see him walking towards her, a shy smile on his lips.
"You know, you've lasted longer than I thought you would." she said as he approached, and he shrugged once.
"I could say the same to you."
"Well hey, Mr. no-name-kid, if some night this week your free, do you maybe wanna...wanna fight for me?" she asked, and he nodded once.
"I would love to fight for you, and my name is Matt, not no name." he winked, and then walked away while she stood there grinning.

I would fight for you
If you would fight for me

I gotta chill with the musicals