Always Leaving (Cashby)

Hey, it's your friendly author. You should listen to the new Mayday Parade album, Sunnyland. It's v good.

"My clothes on the floor can be misleading." Austin Carlile said softly, and Alan Ashby looked at him with a soft sigh escaping his lips.
"It's like just as soon as they're unpacked, they'll need to be put back." He said, and Austin nodded.
"Yeah. And to me, it always seems I am leaving." He said softly, and Alan pulled him into their bed with him, nuzzling into his neck before pressing a kiss to his chin.
"I hate that this be can be decieving." Austin said, and Alan propped himself up so he could look down.
"Why?"
"'Cause my time here is so fleeting. I mean, it always seems I am leaving."

"I hate it too. How as soon as I arrive, I must say goodbye." Austin said the next night as he clicked his suitcase shut, Alan watching from the corner with displeasure showing clearly on his face.
"It's always all this despite my pleading." He said, waving his hand vaguely around the room.
"I know. And you know those relentless miles are never satisfied." Austin said as he picked the case up, and Alan blew him a kiss from where he stood.
"Do me a favor and never say you're here to stay." He whispered, Austin not replying as the door closed behind him.

"Tangled friends start unweaving." Austin said in disbelief when he returned home a month later, yet another 'friend' backing out of hanging out.
"Like a thread from a quilt receding?" Alan asked icily, and Austin sighed softly.
"Christ. Even though I'm home, I feel the most alone." Austin said, then cursed quietly.
"Never say you're here to stay." Alan said in reply, and then held up a hand when Austin looked up, misery clear in his face.

"There's no point in grieving, this pattern is just repeating." Alan said softly, unshed tears glistening in his eyes, and he watched as a tear slipped down Austin's cheek.
"I've seen those tears before and they're something I ignore." He said coldly, and Austin finally met his gaze.
"I'm sorry Alan. But, how is this going to work when to me it always seems I am leaving?" He asked, and Alan shrugged wordlessly, getting up and going to the guest room, shutting the door behind him.

To me it always seems I am gone

For hatter_jac