In Bloom (Sandie)

this is the ship of Cole and Matt's daughter Quinn and Ryden's son Danger.
ship Ryden or get the fuck out honestly.

"Quinn baby, if you wanna call Danger here's your chance." Quinn Sanders mother yelled, poking her head into her daughters room.
"Okay. Thank you mom." she whispered softly, getting up and taking the phone from Cole's outstretched hand.
Ring
Ring
Ring

"Pasadena Rehabilitation Center may I help you?" a pleasant voice asked, and Quinn's throat tightened as tears threatened to fall. She looked up helplessly and her father Matt walked in, taking the phone from her hand gently.
"Hello? Yes, is it possible for me to speak with Danger Urie?" he asked, sitting down and putting it on speaker before taking one of Quinn's hands.
"Yes, please hold and I'll transfer you to his unit." the voice said, and a click was heard as their call transferred over.
"B Ward, may I help you?" a bored tone said, and this time Quinn spoke up.
"Is it possible for me to speak with Danger Urie?" she asked in a small voice, and the person sighed before placing the phone down, yelling Danger's name. Matt patted Quinn's back and then left the room just as the phone picked back up, a horribly strained voice coming through.
"Hello?"
"Dange?" she whispered, and instantly his tone changed, brightening slightly.
"Quinn?" he asked, and she nodded before realizing he couldn't see her.
"Hi. How are you?" she asked, and he chuckled once.
"Better. You?"
"Well honestly, sometimes at night I let it get to me." she whispered, and heard his sharp intake of breath, her hand drifting to her now flat stomach allowing a single tear to escape.

"And sometimes, I'm sure it gets to all of us." she continued, and he let a breath escape before finally speaking.
"And last night it had me down I'm feeling numb." he said softly, and at her silence he continued.
"I can try but sometimes that is not enough."
"No, sometimes that is not enough." she said with a quiet chuckle, shooing her uncle Jimmy away from the door when he poked his head in.
"Look Quinn, I need to just. Stop calling me out. Okay? Cause we're never going to put the pieces back together if you won't let me get better." he said in a rush, stopping when he heard her begin to laugh.
"Stop digging it up, Dange, or we're never gonna see it all in bloom." she said quietly, and then said her goodbyes before clicking the end button.

The next day Quinn called again, her heart thumping as Danger picked up.
"Hello?"
"Hey." she breathed.
"After you hung up last night, I got to thinking back upon those days, way way back when I was young." he started, and she let out a quiet sigh.
"I was such a little shit, and I was always on the run." he laughed, and she chuckled.
"Well Dange, you know just what they say "Just like father then like son"" she said softly, her mind going to his father Brendon.
"Yeah." he said in a dull tone, and her heart clenched painfully.
"I'm so sorry Danger." she said, her voice catching on his name as he laughed.
"Quinn, don't delude me with your sympathy, cause I can do this on my own." he said snidely, and she grit her teeth.
"I wasn't aware I was deluding you with anything." she snapped, and then she heard him sniffling, small sobs erupting from his chest.
"This won't be the last time that I break down and wanna crawl to your bed." he said in a whisper, and she wiped a stray tear from her eyes.
"The truth is, your the only voice I wanna hear in my head." she said softly, and then a click sounded in her ear.

A few weeks passed, with no word from Danger, until one morning at breakfast a knock sounded on the front door.
"Than probably forgot his key again." Cole said boredly, and Quinn got up, swinging the door open to show Danger on the stoop, his white hair greasy and matted and his eyes surrounded by dark circles.
"Hey Quinnie." he whispered, and she threw herself into his arms, tears falling down her face freely.
"Holy fucking fuck." she breathed, and he smiled.
"We can put the pieces back together, cause you let me get better." he said softly, pressing a kiss to her lips gently as she looked outside past him to where a small flower was growing.
"We got to see it all in bloom." she grinned, pulling him inside and shutting the door.

All in bloom