Aware [Jimlee]

"Well I see you standing there and your eyes are unaware." Jimmy Sullivan said with a resigned sigh, and Lee Shadows turned to him with an upraised eyebrow.
"What are they unaware of?"
"That I've been staring at them all night, wishing the brain behind them cared." he said softly, and before she could speak he plowed on.
"I wish you cared about the way you make me feel or how your smile makes me nervous. Or even how the fact that you exist makes me feel like I have a purpose." he said, and she shook her head before tipping back the bottle of beer in her hand.
"I'm sick of lying in your bed while we're both laying down." she said, and he looked up at her before training his eyes back to the California night sky.
"You say you want me for a friend. I hope you know I hate that sound. But I will bite my tongue because I hate when you're pissed off." he said quickly, and she turned to him with a scowl.
"Anything else I need to know?"
"Yeah, I need your touch like falling rain on thirsty crops." he said smoothly, and then walked inside.

"Damn you stupid girl. Why won't you drop your guard?" Jimmy asked that night, and Lee looked up from the book in her lap with an amused grin.
"The space between our lips is bound to break my ever aching heart. And I am sure, actually postive that you will never find a man that is ever gonna love you more." he continued, and her face fell as a tear slipped down his face.
"So why won't you love me?" he asked, and she shook her head wordlessly.
"Anything else?" she finally asked, and his eyes flashed darkly.
"Yeah, matter of fact."
"Well?"
"Well I hate your cigarettes and the men that you go see, because one is killing you, while the other's killing me." he spat, and her eyes widened as he continued.
"But I know that you'll stay stubborn because you know I'll stay alone. 'Cause we both know, inside your grasp, is the only place I feel at home, but we both know you dont care." he said, and then walked to out of the apartment, slamming the door behind him.

"Now I sit with my guitar. Write you one more stupid song." he said the next day, his head jerking towards the door of his apartment as a soft knock was heard. He swung open the door to show Lee, head down and eyes low as she pushed past him into the room.
"What do you want from me?" she asked, and he shrugged wordlessly.
"What do I have to say? Is it the way I make you feel?" she asked, and he shook his head with a laugh.
"Actually, I hate the way you make me feel like I'm doing something wrong." he said, and she let out a scoff before shaking her red locks out of her eyes.
"You'll just have to deal with all the things that I have mentioned." she said quietly, and he sighed before handing her a piece of sheet paper.
"I hope this song is golden like the point of my intentions." he said with a grin, and then she walked out.

So why won't you love me?

"Now the deed is done and there is nothing left to say. I prayed to the God you don't believe in, that you'll love me some day. " Jimmy said later that night when his phone rang, and Lee let out a small sigh before clearing her throat.
"The years go by and you forget how much I care. I did. So much." she said, and he ran a hand through his hair before shaking it back out.
"Put in that song and sing along so your heart will be aware." he said, and then she made a small noise in the back of her throat that made him know she was crying.
"Whats it like, being in love?" she asked, and ge smiled.

"It's like giving up on everything that you believe to put your trust in a girl that stole your heart right off your sleeve. It's scary, putting that much trust into someone, and not knowing if it will be returned." he said, and she sniffed once before a small giggle left her lips.
"And I'm so sure that you will never find a man that is ever gonna love you more." he said, and then disconnected the line, tears slipping down his face even after the phone was long smashed against the wall.

But you just won't love me