Hate Me (Shadows)

This is a ship of my oc Cole Shadows and M Shadows so enjoy

If your dreaming
Are you dreaming of me?

The phone buzzing on the table woke up Matthew, and he groggily sat up before checking the caller ID, and he woke up more instantly.
"Hey Cole." he grinned, and she sighed before whispering "Hi." back.
"Are you okay?"
"I miss you, and Jimmy. And Lee." she laughed, and then she sniffled.
"Ya know something Matt?" she asked, and he sat back against the headboard of his dorm room.
"What's that my little reaper?"
"I have to block out thoughts of you so I don’t lose my head. They crawl in like a cockroach leaving babies in my bed." she whispered, and at that moment he could tell she was in the bathroom by the echo behind her.
"And they keep dropping little reels of tape to remind me that I’m alone playing movies in my head that make a porno feel like home." she continued, and he sighed.
"An ounce of peace is all I want for you." he said slowly, a question reverberating in his skull despite him not wanting it to.

Will you never call again?

"Will you never say that you loved me, just to put it in my face?" she asked coldly, a curse slipping from her throat as crying came from the background.
"Fuck that's Salem. I gotta. I gotta get him." she said hurriedly, putting the phone down and rushing into the other room. Finally she returned and picked up the receiver to hear Matt's even breathing.

And will you never try to reach me?
It is I that wanted space

"Hate me today, hate me tomorrow. I want you to hate me for all the things I didn't do for you. Okay? Hate me in ways, yeah even the ways hard to swallow. Hate me, Matthew, so you can finally see what’s good for you."

End of voicemails, if you would like t-

Matt hung up the phone and put his head in his hands before getting up and walking into the kitchen where noone could be found. Sighing, he grabbed a piece of leftover pizza from the fridge and went back to his room just as his phone began to ring.

"Cole?" he asked breathlessly, and a small laugh from the other end confirmed it.
"Look Cole, I’m sober now for three whole months it’s one accomplishment that you helped me with. And the one thing that always tore us apart is the one thing I won’t touch again." he said in a rush, and she smiled a small giggle escaping her mouth.
"That's amazing."
"In my sick way I want to thank you for holding my head up late at night." he laughed, and the laughter on her end stopped.
"Dont thank me. You were there for me while I was busy waging wars on myself, trying to stop the fight." she laughed, and he let out a deep breath upon the memory of finding Cole covered in blood in his bathtub.
"Matt, you never doubted my warped opinions on things like suicidal hate and you made me compliment myself when it was way too hard to take." she said in a rush like his from before, and then he could hear her shaking her head.
"So I’ll drive so fucking far away that I never cross your mind, and you can do whatever it takes in your heart to leave me behind." she said with a small sigh, and Matt took a deep breath.
"Cole, hate me today. Hate me tomorrow too. Hate me for all the things I didn’t do for you." he said quickly, and she laughed.
"No Matt. I want you to hate me so you can finally see what’s good for you." she said softly, and he sighed as across the country her finger hovered over the red end call button on her phone.

"And with a sad heart I say bye to you and wave." Matt said quietly, and she sighed.
"Kicking shadows on the street for every mistake that I had made?" she asked, a scoff leaving her lips when she did.
"Yeah, and just like a baby boy I never was a man, until I saw your grey eyes cry and I held your face in my hand." he said with a smile, and Cole shook her head.
"And then I fell down yelling, “Make it go away!” The feelings of hurting you, and of not being with you." he said with a small sigh, and Cole shook her head.
"All you have to do is just make a smile come back and shine just like it used to be." she said, and into the silence a small whisper was heard from her end.
"How can you do this to me?”

Hate me for all the things
I didn’t do for you

"Cole, hate me so you can finally see what’s good for you." he whispered back, ending the call and slinging his phone at the wall as it began to ring again.

For you