Oh, Calamity (Frerard)

"When I was younger I was certain that I'd be fine without a queen." Frank Iero said from where he sat on a barstool, cigarette smoke trailing out of his mouth like a steam engine as he exhaled and took another drag.
"I was just a king inside his castle, with an ocean in between." He continued, chuckling softly. He turned to his left and then sighed at the absence of someone next to him.
"Yet, now all I do is sit and count the miles from you to me." He whispered, looking at a faded photo in his pocket of a woman with dark brown hair and hazel eyes.

Oh, calamity

"We get older by the hour, and watch the changes from afar." Gee Way said across town, her brother Mikey taking her phone and locking it.
"Stop. You don't need to keep looking at his feed." He said, and she rolled her eyes at him.
"Easy for you to say. Your not the one that keeps forgetting to remember where we've been is who we are." She said softly, and he sighed once, a low irritated sound.
"Now all I do is wonder why we ever set the scene." She said softly, and Mikey wrapped an arm around her.
"I know."

"It's such a shame that we play strangers." She said later that night, a bottle of Jack Daniels clutched firmly in her left hand.
"And goddamn, it's such a shame that we've built a wreck out of me. Like the great poets say, oh, calamity." She said, and then stumbled to the bed, picking up her phone and dialing Frank's phone, which went to voicemail instantly.
"I'll remember nights alone, and waking up to dial tones." She drunkenly slurred, and then hiccuped through a sob.
"And I always found my greatest moments in the sound of your hello's. Sitting here, I struggle to recall the reasons I would come to leave." She continued, taking a swig from her bottle before hanging up.

Oh, calamity

"If I catch you on the corner, will you even know it's me?" Gerard asked Frank's voicemail the next day, and then blinked when she heard him answer.
"Will I look familiar to you? And do you offer me a seat?" She asked anyways, his voice stopping any further words.
"Can we find a new beginning? Do you turn the other cheek?" He asked, and a tear trickled down her cheek.
"I don't know."

"Fuck Gee. It's such a shame that we play strangers, and that there's no act to change what we've become." He said into the silence, and she wiped her face.
"Damn, it's such a shame that we've built a wreck out of me." She laughed, and Frank sighed once.
"Gee, just please. Come back to me." He whispered brokenly, and she quickly hung up, making him throw his receiver against the wall before collapsing into tears.

It's literally 3 in the morning what the fuck am I doing?