Somebody Else (Josie and Emerson)

"So I heard you found somebody else." Josie Whiteland said slowly, keeping her eyes glued onto the white tablecloth in front of her.
"I'll be honest, at first I thought it was a lie." She said, stopping when Emerson's hands came into her field of vision.
"I took all my things that make sounds, and the rest I can do without." He said softly, and she nodded.

"Emmy, I don't want your body, but I hate to think about you with somebody else." She said after a moment of pure silence, looking up at him to meet his eyes.
"Our love has gone cold." Emerson said, averting his eyes from hers.
"I get that you're intertwining your soul with somebody else." She began, stopping and then sighing.
"I don't want your body but I'm picturing your body with somebody else. And I fucking hate it." She finally said, getting up and walking outside of the restaurant they had been sitting in.

"This ain't the last time that I'll see your face." She said as soon as Emerson stepped outside, standing next to her and lighting a cigarette.
"You said you'd find someone to take my place." He said quietly, and she looked at him.
"That's an impossible thing to do."
"I just don't believe that you have got it in you." He said, and she laughed a bit.
"Yeah. I get that. I know our circle. We are just gonna keep 'doin' it' and everytime I start to believe in anything you're saying, anything at all..." She stopped, her voice breaking as tears threatened to spill over.
"I'm reminded that I should be getting over it." He said for her, clenching his jaw.

"Jo, maybe you should get someo-" he started, and she cut him off before he could even finish.
"Let me guess 'get someone you love'? 'Get someone you need?'" She asked, plowing forward.
"Fuck that. I've done that. It destroyed me. So. No. Fuck that, get money, thats all there is now." She said softly, looking down at her shaking hand.
"I can't give you my soul 'cause we're never alone." Emerson said after a moment, stomping his cigarette out and looking fully at her for the first time that evening.
"I don't want your body. I just hate to think about you with somebody else." Josie said softly, and he nodded.
"I know. But our love has gone cold." He said softly, and she bit her lip before looking down.
"You're intertwining your soul with somebody else." She said simply, watching as he pulled his phone out due to its incessant dinging.
"I'm looking through you while you're looking through your phone, like always. And then your leaving with somebody else." She whispered, walking away and dropping a small silver chain from her hand onto the pavement.

Fuck this holiday honestly. But.
Happy Valentines Day guys ❤🖤