Lead Me Out Of The Dark (Ryden)

"It's not quite a mystery." Ryan Ross scoffed, his eyes meeting those of Brendon Urie.
"What's not?" He asked, massaging his temples from where he sat.
"That I'm the one who's insecure, and you're the one that makes believe." He said matter of factly, and Brendon straightened up.
"What do I make believe exactly?" He asked sharply, and Ryan's face didn't waver in the slightest as he answered.
"That we're all okay, we're doing fine. But we're both fighting just to stay alive " He said pointedly, and Brendon sighed.
"Ryan, you just have a fragile state of mind." He said quietly, and Ryan's face flushed with anger.
"One that I can't quite survive, right?"

"Just, without a doubt, I need your help." Brendon said softly, and Ryan rolled his eyes.
"I know you've heard me ask before but come on Ry, I need to tell you. Now, I know what I've done wrong." He said pleadingly, and Ryan scoffed.
"Now you know?" He asked, but Brendon ignored him and pressed on.
"The only way out of here is the way I've avoided for all my life." He said, and Ryan gradually lost the anger in his cheeks.
"There's so many things I wanna say, but Bren there's too many things still in the way." He said finally, and Brendon's eyes clouded up.
"I'm lost, please help me find my place." He begged, and Ryan grimaced slightly.
"Brendon, you're the only one." He sajd softly, and Brendon got up, walking across the room to take Ryan's hands.
"Please lead me out of the dark."

"I'll promise change." Brendon said finally, and Ryan looked up through the ring of cigarette smoke that surrounded him.
"If you will let me in again, I swear I'll be a better man." He finished, and Ryan hung his head.
"I'll be who I was then. But Bren, it's been a long two years." He said finally.
"I can't change the past."
"I've shed so many tears, and sometimes I can't believe I've lasted this long." Ryan said with a small sigh, and Brendon clenched his jaw.
"I see now that I'm wrong."

"And Ry, the only way out of here is the way I've avoided for all my life."
"Which is?"
"Giving up." Brendon said with a air of finality to his tone.
"There's so many things I wanna say." Ryan breathed, and then hung his head again.
"But there's too many things still in the way." He continued, and Brendon walked closer, taking the smaller man's hand in his own.
"I'm lost Ry. I just. Please help me find my place." Brendon said softly, and Ryan sent a small smile up to him.
"You're the only one." He whispered, and Brendon smiled down at him, one that didn't quite reach his eyes, not that Ryan minded, because soon enough it would.
"Ry, please lead me out of the dark." Brendon said, and Ryan simply nodded.

Please lead me out of the dark

See? Non oc ships can still happen.