Knuckles (Frerard)

Frank Iero is gonna fucking destroy me on Twitter lol.

"Ya know, it wasn’t hard to fall for you." Frank Iero said absently, his hands picking at strings in his frayed jeans as Gerard Way exhaled a puff of ciggarette smoke.
"You had it all planned out, didn’t you?" Gerard asked, his eyes trailing up to Frank's slowly.
"Yeah." He whispered, silence overtaking them for a moment until Frank spoke again.
"I don't know if you noticed, but you turned up late again today." He said quietly, finishing his statement before Gerard could reply.
"But I would have waited for days for you."

"Do you remember that thing you said, when you dropped me off after prom?" Frank asked, and a small smile crossed Gerard's lips.
 "'Stay beautiful.'" He said softly, and Frank nodded.
"Even though that I know that it’s second hand, now at least, I’d have you say it in the same way." Frank whispered, and then stood up, walking to the window across the room.

I’d have you say it
In the same way

"I thought I said I wasn’t good at this!" Gerard suddenly yelled out, his eyes burning with embarrassment as he looked at Frank, deep teeth marks visible in the filter of his cigarette as he flicked it into the ashtray.
"Not good at what?" Frank asked, and Gerard scoffed lightly.
"You know what. I just. I couldn’t tell you that I wanted you. No matter how much I wanted to." He sighed, face contorting into a strange mask Frank had never seen.
"You made me wait so long to hear that." Frank chuckled instead, and Gerard walked out the door, stopping in the doorway with his jacket over one arm to meet Frank's eyes.
"Stay beautiful."

"Wait."

Thirty minutes later Frank and Gerard stood outside of Gerard's apartment, curtain switching shut as they approached betraying someone inside.
"You should go." Gerard sighed, and Frank grabbed his wrist gently, shaking his head.
"No. I walked you back for a reason. So you didn’t feel alone." Frank said, and at the hesitant look on the taller man's face he kept going.
"And I know that you’re stuck with him. Just like I know you've got his name on your arm." He said pointedly, and Gerard jerked down his sleeve, once again covering an ugly plum covered bruise on his arm.
"What else do you know?" Gerard asked, and Frank took his hands, looking at the faded scars and bumps that marred his skin.
"You've got his words on your knuckles. So, I'm still here. And once again I say, I walked you back so you didn’t feel alone." He finished, and then pressed a kiss to Gerard's cheek daringly.
"Stay beautiful."

Even though that I know that
Its second hand
I’d have you say it
In the same way