It Never Ends (Shadows)

"Get it right Matthew. This all started off as a one night stand, lingered to a fling." Cole Shadows spat, her arms locked around her knees as she glared at the man above her.
"So it didn't mean a thing?" He asked, and then scoffed as she shook her head.
"Well Cole, you can hide your fangs all you want, you still need the blood." He said with a chuckle, and she rolled her eyes.
"Go ahead, tell us that it's different now. But I know you're up to no good." She said, and then stood up to face him.
"Your just one more nail in the coffin, one more foot in the grave." She said spitefully, and he rolled his eyes, expression softening as she looked at the ground.
"One more time I'm on my knees as I try to walk away. Tell me, how has it come to this?" She asked, and then shook her head before walking away.

"Are you okay?" Matt asked from outside the bathroom door a few hours later, feeling stupid before the words even left his lips.
"Matthew, I've said it once, I've said it twice, I've said it a thousand fucking times. I'm OK, I'm fine."
"Anything else?" He asked, and she laughed lightly.
"It's all just in my mind. But, before you ask, this has got the best of me, and I can't seem to sleep." She continued, and in the silence he took a deep breath.
"Why?" He asked, and she shook her head from where she sat in the tub.
"It's not 'cause you're not with me, it's 'cause you never leave." She said, and then went back into the silence that had separated them.

A few hours later, Matt walked to the door, opening it to see Cole with a razor blade poised over her wrist.
"Cole!" He yelled, and pulled it from her hand, cutting her palm when she refused to release it.
"What the fuck?! Suicide?" He asked, a shellshocked expression on his face as she began to laugh.
"You say this is suicide? I say this is a war." She said finally, her grey eyes clashing with his green ones.
"And guess what? I'm losing the battle." She said softly, and then cut her eyes to him as he wrapped her hand with a rag, pulling her from the bath.
"Is this what you call love?" She asked, and he shook his head.
"Cole, this is a war I can't win." He said, and then put her on the couch before pulling out his phone and calling her therapist.

One more time I'm on my knees as I try to walk away

"Everything I've loved became everything I lost." She said when she was loaded into a white van, tears sliding down her cheeks as she touched the small necklace around her throat, a small 'L' inscribed on the pendant that rested over her heart.
"I'm ok, I'm fine, it's all just in my mind." She said to the driver, who simply ignored her. Twenty minutes they pulled into a hospital, Cole being ushered out and into a small white room where she was stripped, weighed, and every single mark on her body counted.
"It's not 'cause you're not here with me, it's 'cause you never leave." She said to herself quietly, before running to the front doors and then falling to the ground at the hands of a nurse and a tranquilizing needle. When she awoke she was strapped to a bed, a doctor standing at the end of it with a serene smile.
"Hello Ms. Shadows. Don't worry, soon enough your treatment will end." She said, and Cole let a tear fall down her cheek before noticing her necklace was gone, finally opening a floodgate of sobs.
"Every second, every minute, every hour, every day, it never ends." She whispered, the doctor walking out, shutting the door and cutting off the light.

It never ends, it never ends