Open Letter (Jimole)

This is the ship of Cole Shadows and James Sullivan. Enjoy. 

"This is my open letter, okay? This is something I want you to remember." Cole Shadows began, her eyes locked on the blue ones of Jimmy Sullivan who sat across from her.
"I'm not searching for forever, and finally I've got my eyes opened wide." She said, and he reached for her hand, holding it tightly in his own.
"Cole, I've been searching under rubble from the past, and I know now that there's no need to look skyward for you to find hope, and no need for redemption to be saved from the rope." He said after a beat, and she smiled weakly at him.

"I'm not searching the sky for a reason to live." He said, and she looked at him.
"I found beauty right here and found the passion to give." He finished, and she gave him a soft look.
"So, let me give you my heart, let me give you my tears." She whispered, and he blinked once.
"And then let me give you my life, let me give you my fears."
"I thought you already did." He said softly, and she chuckled.
"No. I really haven't."

"This is your open letter, something to remember." Cole said a few days later, sitting on the couch after yet another fight with her sister Lee. Jimmy sat next to her and put a hand on her knee.
"You can do this Cole. And you won't be alone. We can still keep on fighting even though life is not forever." He said softly and she scoffed.
"I'm sick of searching the sky for a reason to live. I may have found the passion to give, but I just don't think I can anymore." She said, her voice barely above a whisper.
"Cole. Please, give me your fears, your tears. Let me hold on to them for you." He finally said after a moment, ignoring the narrowing of her eyes.
"Because now this is my open letter, this is something to remember. And I'm not searching for forever." He finished, and she turned to him, crushing herself into his chest as sobs finally erupted from her chest.

"Let me give you my heart, let me give you my tears." Jimmy said two years later, smiling at his niece Quinn as he slid a simple gold band onto Cole's finger.
"Let me give you my life, let me give you my fears." She said back, a wide grin splitting her face as she slid the matching ring onto his finger, pressing her lips to his in a soft sweet kiss.

So let me give you my heart,
Let me give you my tears,
Let me give you my life,
Let me give you my fears