Don't You Ever Forget About Me (Cole and Kellin)

"The hardest thing I'd ever do, is say goodbye and walk slowly away from you." Kellin Quinn said softly, kissing the bump that protruded from Cole Shadows hips.
"But you'll do it?" She asked, and he sighed before standing up.
"I have to Cole. And honestly after all this time I shared with you i-"
"It seems unfair to leave with nothing more than blank stares." She finished for him, and he smiled half heartedly.
"But I'll do it. And if it's for the best then I wish you well." He whispered, pulling her into a hug.
"If it helps to say our life was a living hell, then do it." She said into his ear, pulling away and waving as she walked back into the house she shared with her sister.

"Don't you ever forget about me." Kellin said later that night when he called to say he landed in California, Cole's voice coming through the receiver tinnily.
"When you toss and turn in your sleep, I hope it's because you can't stop thinking about me." She said softly, and he sighed.
"Coley, you know you're the reason why I close my eyes at all." He said through a yawn, and she scoffed.
"We both know I haunt your dreams at night, that way you can't stop thinking about me." She said back, and a smile tugged the corner of his mouth.
"Don't stop thinking about me." He said softly, the smile disappearing with her next words.

"Do you really think you could see this through? When you're out there, can you put on a smile and wear it for someone new?" She asked, and he sat up in the hotel room he currently lay in.
"Cole, don't you do this." He said, and she chuckled.
"I'm sorry. I. Look. I know I'm not the easiest one to love, but every ounce I have I invest in you." He said finally, and after a moment of silence she spoke again.
"But no one said love's not for taking chances, huh?" She asked, and he laughed once.
"I guess not."

"Will you take me back in the morning if I promise to never act this way again?" Kellin asked a few months later from her bedside, smiling at the baby girl she held in her arms.
"Of course. I mean. I'm so bad at being lonely as it is." She said softly, and he smiled at her, kissing her forehead gently.
"Don't you ever forget about me, little girl." He said to the small bundle she held, placing a finger in her tiny hand and smiling widely as she clenched onto it.
"Hey Kells?" Cole asked when he straightened up, and he looked at her with a hesitant glance.
"Yes Coley?"
"I haunt your dreams at night, so you can't stop thinking about me. And right now all I need from you is for to just close your eyes, and fall asleep tonight." She said softly, and he smiled with a nod.