Only Us (Joshler)

yet another dear evan hansen song is anyone surprised? im not.
this is for Levithequeer

"I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you." Tyler Joseph said to his fiance Josh, running his fingers through the other mans hair.
"I don't need you to search for the proof that I should." he contined when Josh was silent, a small smile finding its way to Tyler's lips.
"You don't have to convince me, and you don't have to be scared you're not enough. Your more than enough." he said, leaning down to press a kiss to the blue haired mans forehead.

'Cause what we've got going is good

"I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken, I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget." Josh spoke up, his eyes meeting Tyler's.
"Clear the slate and start over, and try to quiet the noises in your head. Cause honestly Ty, we can't compete with all that."

"So what if it's us? What if it's us, and only us?" Tyler asked, and Josh let out a small chuckle.
"It already is, but going with that, what came before won't count anymore. Or matter." he said with a smile, and Tyler beamed down at him.
"Can we try that?"
"We already are Tyler."
"What if it's you and what if it's me?" Tyler asked, his brows coming together in a way that made Josh want to reach up and smooth it out.
"And what if that's all that we need it to be, and the rest of the world falls away?" Josh asked, and then held up his hand to Tyler.
"What do you say?" he asked, and Tyler twined their fingers together.
"I say it sounds good."

"I never thought there'd be someone like you who would want me" Josh saod the next morning as Tyler lay on his chest, and the smaller male looked up with a small smirk.
"Really?"
"Yeah. So I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go. But if you really see me if you like me for me and nothing else." Josh said and the stopped, unwanted emotions clogging his throat and stopping his words.
"Well, that's all that I've wanted for longer that you could possibly know." Tyler finished, his eyes shining with happiness as Josh chuckled.

"So it can be us, and only us." Josh said over breakfast as Tyler poured over wedding decorations cautiously, looking up with eyes wide.
"And what came before won't count anymore or matter." Josh continued, and a small smile worked its way to Tyler's lips.
"We can try that. Cause it's not so impossible." he grinned, taking Josh's hand from across the table.
"Its weird to think sometimes that its nobody else but the two of us here." Josh remarked into the silence.
"I don't. I really don't. Cause you're saying it's possible, and Joshua we can just watch the whole world disappear." Tyler said adamantly, and the older man shook his head.
"Let me guess, 'til you're the only one I still know how to see?" Josh asked, and Tyler only serenely smiled.

"It's just you and me, and it'll be us and only us as long as you stay." Tyler whispered a month later, staring into Josh's eyes as a priest spoke over them, neither of them paying attention to what he was saying.
"And what came before won't count anymore, we can try that. You and me." Josh saod back just as softly, his eyes flickering between Tyler's and the priest impatiently.
"Thats all we need it to be."
"The world falls away." Josh whispered, pressing a kiss to Tyler's lips hard enough that it was only them, everyone and everything else falling away from them.

The world falls away
And it's only us