2 Chord (Shadows)

"I'm fucking sick of this!" Cole Shadows screamed, silence following her words as her chest heaved. Her husband Matt turned with a cocked eyebrow, his eyes red as he looked at her, then the floor at her feet.
"Sick of what?"
"I'm sick of standing in a hallway, waiting on the walls to explode with sounds of a fight." she snarled, tears betraying the look of anger on her face as she searched his eyes desperately.
"Your face, I know that look. What're you searching for?" he asked, voice calm despite the tension in the hall.
"A reason, cause honestly Matt, I don't know if I'll make it out alive." she whispered, and then walked to bedroom and shut the door.

"She said she'd leave a thousand times, but Lee I think tonight, she'd actually take flight." Matt said into the phone to Cole's sister, who sighed.
"Go talk to her. Not me." she said and disconnected the line. He sighed and walks into their room, heart stopping at the sight of Cole shoving clothes into a suitcase.
"Coley..." he whispered, and she turned with tearful eyes.
"I..." she started, and then rushed forward and pulled him into a hug, her face burying itself in his chest as tears fell into her hair.
"I can't. I'm not leaving, I'm staying here." she whispered, and he tightened his arms around her before clearing his throat.
"I'm not leaving 'til we make it there." he said into her hair, and she nodded before leaning up and pressing a kiss to his lips.

The next morning Matt awoke to a empty bed, and he got to his feet to find Cole in the living room, cup of tea in her hand.
"I remember that we always were so strong. I mean we used to feel so alive." she said with a sigh, and he sat next to her slowly.
"You said you've tried a thousand times, right?" he asked, and she looked at him with bloodshot grey eyes that showed she hadn't slept.
"Yeah, I've always feared you leaving, and most of the time-"
"I'm already gone." he cut in, and she nodded.
"Yeah."
"Look, Cole this wont mean much but if we could go back to how it was before, I promise I would never do you wrong." he said with a sigh, and she shook her head 
"I'm sure." she chuckled, and then grabbed her keys before walking out the front door.

I'm not leaving, I'm not leaving
'Til we make it there

"I'm staring at your pictures, just trying to figure out where we went wrong." Matt said into Cole's voicemail later that night, his eyes brimming with tears that he wiped away without a thought.
"i just. If you would be my guiding light, and help me. Cause even in our darkest times, we find strength to carry on. Usually." he sighed, and then cursed himself for calling in the first place.
"So, I'm not leaving. Even after your gone, I'll be here waiting for you little reaper." he choked, and then disconnected the line.

Three months later Matt walked into the supermarket near their apartment and froze at the sight of Cole, a small baby bump protruding past her hips.
"I'm not leaving." he whispered as he approached, and she turned to him with a small smile.
"Give me one more chance to love you so?" she asked, and his hands went to her stomach with with a smile.
"Won't you please just come back home?"